Part 1: Pilot

You were lying on your back, looking up at the clouds drifting across the blue sky. Listening to the birds sing as you let the sun seep into your skin. You were at peace. You didn't know what it was about nature that calmed you so much. You felt the harmony between all the living things around you.

Your whole life, you had to struggle for the things you have. Food, clothing, everything. Growing up without parents was difficult, but you managed pretty well by yourself. Getting a job you loved, making a fresh start. All by yourself.

Days like this let you forget about the struggles of your past. You were finally at peace. A song instantly came to your mind. Hey Jude. You used to sing it to the children you grew up with.

Softly, you began to sing,
"Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart.
Then you can start, to make it better."

You instantly noticed a shift in atmosphere. The forest went quiet. You sat up and looked from side to side. Everything seemed normal. But when you turned around, you saw something you would never forget. A tall hooded figure in a black cloak. Their face was covered with a black mask. You tried to speak but couldn't. You were frozen in fear.

Thinking you were seeing things, you rubbed your eyes like it was a hallucination. When they opened, you were alone. The figure was gone and the sounds of the forest returned to your ears.

You didn't know what to think. Maybe you had been out in the sun for too long. That was your only explanation. The sun was starting to set so you decided to head back to your small cabin in the forest you loved so dear. You tried to put the strange encounter out of your mind as you hiked back to the place you called home, but the scene kept replaying in your head. It seemed so real.

• • • • • • • • •

The next morning you were walking down the familiar path that led from your house to the forest when it happened again. Everything went quiet. You stopped in your tracks and looked down the path. Standing about 15 feet from you was the same figure dressed in black.

"W-who are you" is all you could manage to say.

After a short pause, a powerful, yet calm voice answered you, "You don't know who I am?"

You could tell now that this was a man. The voice was slightly robotic, probably from the mask. His deep voice sent chills down your spine. You had to catch your breath before you could answer.

"The devil?" You asked.

As soon as you said it you knew it couldn't be right. Why would the devil be wearing a mask like that? Besides, you didn't see any horns.

His head cocked to the side as he answered, "The what?"

And as fast as he was there, he was gone. You knew your mind wasn't playing tricks on you. You knew what you saw. You turned around and ran back into your house. Where you stayed all day. Replaying what happened over and over again. How everything went quiet, then he appeared. It made absolutely no sense and you knew it. But that didn't change the fact that it happened. Every creek that old house made left you on edge.

How did he not know who the devil was? You sat waiting for him to come back. Wanting to know more. Needing to know what was happening. Hating the feeling of not knowing.

********************************************

This is my first story and I'm rereading the beginning and holy crap.

Please give it a few chapters because I promise it gets better lmao