Chapter 26

Time was of the essence. There was absolutely no excuse now for any loss in time. 26-hours had already passed.

Dipper and Gideon were openly challenged by one of the most, if not the most, fearsome being to ever exist in the universe. Bill was the embodiment of all that was sinister in both the Pines' dimension, and all sub-dimensions created by dreams.

If Dipper didn't get to his grunkle in time and lost his chance to vanquish Bill, all would be lost. The people of Gravity Falls and the world would be turned into that monster's slaves. But, that went without saying.

As Gideon sped through the roads, dodging cars and nearly killing people crossing at the crosswalks, Dipper flipped through the pages of his journal. Despite having read it cover-to-cover many years ago, he held onto the sliver of hope he had of something being hidden within the pages that could give him another alternative to his current one.

Nothing.

Not only did his journal not give anything new that would spare him from the current situation, but neither did Gideon's—not that the Mystery Twin expected anything, he just thought the universe might be on his side for once.

Dipper thought to himself. Several beads of sweat dripped from his forehead. It felt as if a lump was in his throat.

"Pines." Gideon's voice reached Dipper's ears, but didn't register in his mind. There were a great many other things taking up space. "Pines!" He called out again, shaking Dipper's shoulder.

"What is it?" He carefully responded.

"What's the plan once we get to Ford? How are we going to channel the power of the three journals? We don't have the machine Stan had."

Dipper looked out the window, not wanting to face Gideon. His voice hardened, "We have to focus it in another way."

"Right. And how?" Gideon was growing impatient. He had just as much to lose as Dipper. It made sense why he wanted to be 120% aware of what the plan was.

"I've had a plan." Dipper replied plainly. "It's time to put it into action."

A moment of silence crept over them. Gideon was trying to decode Dipper's nonsensical speaking while focusing on not accidentally driving off the road and killing them before they reached Grunkle Ford's location.

The mountainous view that was once a place of peace and serenity was now filled with despair. Animals roaming the thousands of acres of land remained hidden. The unwavering sunlight dancing over the mountains' peaks found any spot behind a cloud they could.

Dipper helplessly flipped through the pages again and again and again, hoping that with each turn, something different might appear. He was having no luck. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was losing control of his composure.

Several miles came and went as they raced through the roads. Luck was seriously on their side in terms of not having the police after them. But, they knew it was only a matter of time. Once they exited the mountain roads and entered a more populated area, they would have trouble.

"Take the next right." Dipper said. Gideon obliged. Their journey was almost over. Or rather, almost began.

"When we get there. . ." Dipper began, "I need you to make sure everyone within the immediate area is evacuated. Not a single person is to be left behind. When that's done, come back and get the rest of our friends out."

"What do you mean, the rest of our friends"? Gideon pondered.

"We know Bill's back and he's back because of Pacifica. Chances are he has control over her mind. I left Pacifica at the Shack with Mabel, Wendy, and Grunkle Stan. So, chances are he has them hostage too—along with the rest of the people closest to us. We have to do what we can to get them away from harm."