Chapter 34

A few days following the defeat of Bill Cipher, The Pines family readjusted to their way of life within the run-down walls of the Mystery Shack. Dipper had a few injuries from the battle that needed treatment, but nothing too serious. Bill's extreme durability allowed for Dipper's human body to take the hits from Stan's gravity blaster and Gideon's car. With only a few bandages wrapping around his torso and a slight limp, he was back on his feet within three days. As long as he took it easy, there wouldn't be a problem.

In the time he was resting, Pacifica didn't leave his side. She slept in a chair positioned next to his bed, resting her head right near Dipper's torso. She refused to sleep on a blow-up mattress simply because she couldn't keep an eye on him from the floor.

The calendar read "August 31st". It was the Mystery Twins' birthday and all of Gravity Falls was once again gathered at the Shack for the celebration. Stan, Ford, and Soos happily spent money to try and make it the most memorable party ever. The Northwest family also contributed to the expenses by hiring the best caterers on the West Coast. Everyone was dressed in comfortable attire. Most of the girls, even Wendy, had some sort of dress on. Mabel wanted herself and everyone to look like an adult to welcome her into the adult world. The guys had collared shirts and nice shoes.

Soos and Lazy Susan attempted to entertain some of the guests, but they came across as nothing but weird. Although appreciative of their efforts, nobody was enjoying the reenactment of their final battle. Off to the side stood Robby and Wendy. They laughed at Soos' childish behavior. During his performance, Wendy clarified certain points that Soos either left out or over-dramatized.

"He's really getting into it, huh?" Robby asked, chuckling to himself.

Wendy smiled back, "Yeah. I didn't think anyone could be happier than Mabel, but hey. . . He might've taken the cake."

"So, uh. . . How're you feeling about the kid?" Robby asked shyly.

"Dipper's not a kid anymore." Wendy sighed. Robby monitored her thoughtful expression. "I'll admit, I did have feelings for him. But, after everything, I decided he'd be better off with Pacifica. The lengths he went to to protect her were incredible. Crazy right? I just want him to be happy, is all. Honest."

Robby looked over to her, "What about us?"

"Us?" Wendy looked genuinely confused.

"Tambry and I broke up the other day. She was upset that I kept talking about you and asking if we could invite you places. Hehe, I think she was jealous of how much you were on my mind. Funny coming from a girl who never looked up from her phone."

Wendy didn't say anything. She continued staring into Robby's eyes trying to find any sign of deception.

"But uh, what'd you think? You want to give us another chance?"

Wendy looked to the ground before sighing. "Robby. . . You cheated on me with Tambry. And even before that you treated me like I was just one of your friends, not as your girlfriend. Whenever I came to you with a problem, you brushed it off with the excuse that I'm always level-headed and I'll get over it. Not to mention, you constantly harassed Dipper for having an innocent children's crush. I can forgive what you did, but I'm never getting back together with you. I'm sorry." She walked away from him with her head held high. Somewhere in her heart, she knew Pacifica was right. Moving on from Robby was the best thing for her.

Robby, left stunned into silence, watched as Wendy walked away from him.

Mabel embraced her inner child, along with Grenda and Candy, and the three were devouring strawberries, some dipped in chocolate and some covered in cheese sauce. In Candy's case, both. Evidence of cupcakes lived on the corners of each of their mouths. Ford tried to get them to eat healthily before turning to sweats, but they found a way around his words every time. Eventually he gave up and let them be teens.