009.

CHAPTER VX —
WHAT THE FUCK?

"SO WHEN IS PRINCESS GOING HOME?" Pope asked JJ quietly as he cast a warry glance at the girl in the water

"SO WHEN IS PRINCESS GOING HOME?" Pope asked JJ quietly as he cast a warry glance at the girl in the water. She was currently laid out on JJ's surfboard as Kiara swam circles around her, urging the girl to stop tanning and finally get in the water while they waited for John B to return.

JJ looked over at him and scoffed before his attention snapped right back towards Cassidy. He caught her eye and winked at the nearly naked girl, her eyes rolling at his actions and she turned back around to talk to Kiara.

"Who said she wasn't coming?" JJ answered like it was obvious that she was. So far, it was two against one and he had no doubt that John B could care less if she joined them on their sacred treasure hunt. He had never talked down on her when she was brought up and he took that as a good sign.

Pope choked on his breath and glared at JJ. He didn't know when his friend had gone from stupid to insane but he hated it. He didn't want Cassidy to come with them. She wasn't one of them. This was a Pogues's only adventure and she was anything but that.

The blonde boy blew Pope a kiss and stood up, slapping his shoulder as he made his way down the dock. He paused at the end before diving towards the water, his arms wrapping around the surfboard as he hit and he flung Cassidy in besides him.

She resurfaced moments later, her hair clinging to her face as she glared at the laughing boy treading just infront of her. In one swift move, Cassidy launched herself towards him and pushed his body underwater, shrieking when he popped back up with her trapped in his arms.

Cass clung to him with childlike fear at the idea of being pulled underwater again and glared at him the best that she could manage to do so with a straight face. JJ only laughed at her attempt and pressed his lips to hers, the smile unable to fall from his face.

"You should stay with us today."

"I'm supposed to hangout with Rafe—" Cassidy froze when JJ loosened his grip on her and sighed before wrapping her arm around his neck to prevent him from running like she expected him to do. He looked back up and her and his smile returned when he saw that hers had as well.

"But I can stay... For Kie."

Kiara smiled fondly at the sight of genuine happiness finally prevelant on Cassidy's face and took that as her cue to leave them with the most privacy she could offer. She climbed out of the water and dropped down besides Pope, nudging him to get his attention off of the two teens.

When he remained unfazed, Kiara turned her attention back towards them and watched JJ spin Cassidy around before he pulled the two of them underwater. When they resurfaced, Cassidy beamed up at him with a smile that Kie hadn't seen on her face in months.

"She won't hurt him," Kiara nudged Pope again as she spoke but he scoffed and brushed her statement aside with disbelief. He knew how Kooks thought and he knew that in the end, they were going to be left picking up the pieces after she ultimately broke the boy that clung to her only feet away from them.