013.

CHAPTER XIII —
GRAVE ROBBERS.

POPE EYED THE REDDENING SKIN AROUND CASSIDY'S cut and glanced up at her with a look of worry

POPE EYED THE REDDENING SKIN AROUND CASSIDY'S cut and glanced up at her with a look of worry. "Your leg is gonna get infected if you don't clean it," he began to lecture, rolling his eyes as Cassidy scoffed at the statement and mimicked, "Your leg's gonna get infected," in a much higher tone than he spoke.

The boy pressed his index finger into her skin an inch away from the gash, snickering when she pulled away from him almost instantly. "You fucking asshole," she snapped, glaring at the boy infront of her as he raised his hands in surrender and shrugged like he hadn't the slightest clue as to why she had reacted.

"Get it cleaned."

"Get off my back," Cassidy hissed, bickering softly with Pope as JJ stood and watched from his place on the wall. He held his joint securely in his fingers, a small grin in place on his lips as he observed the two of them argue. His heart swelled with pride as he realized that she sounded just like he did when he argued with his friends.

"All I'm saying is : when your leg gets infected and they have to cut it off, I don't wanna hear you bitching," Pope snapped, ducking out of the way as Cass threw an empty can towards his head with another scoff. JJ pushed himself up and off the wall before he made his way over towards them, dropping to the floor as he rested his head on Cass's thigh.

"Hey, I think she'd be sexy with a peg leg," he defended, his mouth dropping when she shoved him away from her body. "I'm not turning into a fucking pirate," Cassidy fought back her laughter and tried to maintain her straight face the best that she could. She didn't want to give JJ the satisfaction of thinking he was funny.

"Ai-Ai, Captain Blaire."

Cassidy shoved him again and shrieked when he ducked to the side and instead pushed her off the chair. It was one swift move and she was pulled right back onto his lap before she even had time to hit the ground, the smirk only showing how proud he was of his moves.

He winked at Pope as he looked at them with disgust and bit the bare skin of Cassidy's shoulder, kissing the spot after she jerked away from him. "Don't bite me," she hissed at him, her eyes narrowed as he raised a brow and frowned.

"Really? I seem to remember a much different reaction last time—"

"Okay! No sex talk, please. I'm literally begging you," Pope interrupted with a groan. It was already enough that they kissed infront of him but he didn't need JJ to go the extra mile and bring him in on what happened behind closed doors.

As if on cue, John B pulled up besides the building and beeped his horn as a signal for them to get in. JJ grinned and scooped Cass off her feet with one arm, the other securing the joint between his lips as he winked towards their awaiting friend. "Let's ride," He shouted, making his way towards the van as he fell into the back besides his girl.