26~ The Red Carpet

As the day went on, I began thinking. Maybe she wouldn't be happy about this. All I could feel was excitement for Cara and her mom. She got her job back. But with that news came the information of the new boyfriend Cara's mom had acquired. It hardly crossed my mind how Cara would handle that.

I didn't get to talk to Cara for most of the day, and that gave me plenty of time to think. Jeff had her and the boys busy preparing right up until the award show. When I arrived at the hotel to ride there with them, we were amidst a crowd of people. It's not like I could explain then, and I never had the chance to pull her away so we could talk. So instead we smiled and acted in love. We put on a show, but the real show would be tonight. Cameras would be on us, people would be watching from all over. No fighting.

We walked hand in hand to the red carpet. The lights were everywhere, and the news I was holding in was killing me. I wanted to talk to Cara so badly, but it would have to wait until after the show. If I told her now and she freaked out, we would never hear the end of it from Jeff.

"Are you okay?" she asked me quietly. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm fine. Just a bit nervous. First red carpet event and all, you know?"

She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say."

It wasn't until we took our seats that I started to really freak out.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" she demanded.

"Harry, it's nothing," I said, glancing at all the people who surrounded us. She got the hint.

"You're going to tell me later, whatever it is."

"Of course."

So we sat through the night in awkward silence, only muttering a few necessary words to each other every now and then. The show was spectacular, and One Direction won three awards. But I wasn't nearly as happy as I should've been. I had other things on my mind.

After the award show, we set off for the hotel. We didn't hang around long. The last thing we needed was one of my celebrity friends trying to start a conversation with Cara. To ensure we got home fast, Louis complained nonstop under my request.

"The boys have lots to do tomorrow," Jeff told me once the car stopped. I took the hint. He wanted me gone.

"Wait," Cara said, placing a hand on my arm. "Come upstairs for a few minutes before you go."

We ignored Jeff and went upstairs, shutting the door of the hotel room behind us. She sat me down on the bed.

"Speak," she demanded.

"Your mom has a boyfriend," I blurted. Cara just stared at me. "She's dating her boss, and they broke up. That's why she lost her job, but last night they got back together and now she has her job back. So that's good, right? I mean, I don't like him personally, but you might I guess? I don't know."

"Harry, it's okay. I don't care who my mom dates. It's not like she's marrying the guy."

"What if it gets serious? What if one day they actually get married?"

"Then I sure do have a long time to think about that."

"Cara-"

"Harry, stop. It's fine. Thanks for telling me, but you don't need to worry."

I sighed, but nodded. "Alright." 

"I'll text you tomorrow before the concert," she told me.

"Do you think you're ready? I could stay the night to help you prepare."

"No, it's okay. Louis said he would help me. You should go back to the house and get some rest."

I nodded and gave a weak smile. For some reason it slightly bothered me that she didn't want me to stay.

"Right. Well good luck. And by the way, I think you did really great tonight."

"Thanks. And congratulations on your awards," she said. I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Now leave before Jeff freaks out."

AUTHORS NOTE

this chapter is boring and it sucks but thanks for reading and being patient! Thanks to those people who reminded me to update :) I forget your usernames but I think there was like 2 or 3 of you? Thanks so much because I honestly just forgot to update for a while. Thanks again for reading and i love you sooo much<3 xxx