5~ City Life

“So may I ask why you despise me and the boys with such a deep passion?” Louis asks as I slide into the driver seat. He buckles up, probably mentally preparing himself for my incredible driving skills.

“Not to sound so forward here, but you’re all jerks,” I blatantly put it.

“Ouch. That stung more than I anticipated.”

“Sorry, but it wasn’t always the case. You guys used to be so nice to everyone, and I was such a huge fan. It’s weird to say this to you directly, but I’ve explained it to Harry already so I might as well. You don’t pay attention to the fans anymore, you’re self-centered egotistical brats, and you’ve let fame and media run your entire lives. It’s…pathetic, for lack of a better work.”

Louis was speechless, and I was prepared for him to go off. If I were in his position I would certainly defend myself and my friends, but he just sat there shell shocked for a good few moments as I started the van and pulled out of the parking lot.

“That’s…wow,” he finally says, clearly still dumbstruck. “I’m not quite sure what gave you that idea, but we’re not like that. I guess you’ll see for yourself, but I’m surprised to hear that’s how some people actually view us.”

“It’s not that surprising,” I scoff. “You step on the little people to get to the top, and it’s wrong. Just the other day you couldn’t give two seconds to snap a picture with a fan because of your oh-so-important meeting. I think that was complete bullshit.”

“A meeting we were late to. Now I’m starting to see why you would come up with such thoughts. You don’t know how Jeff is,” Louis assures. I roll my eyes.

“I’ve dealt with him for a day and I think I get the basic gist of it. He’s controlling, I get it. But from what I can see you boys do your fair share of rebelling against him, so why should rebelling for the fans be any different? You wouldn’t even be where you are if it wasn’t for your directioners. Maybe you all should start acting like it.”

Louis was silenced after that. I didn’t mean to be so cruel, but he asked. I wasn’t about to sugarcoat it for him. After we arrived back to the hotel, I parked the van and exited the vehicle.

“How do we get past Jeff?” I ask Louis.

“What time is it?” he asks.

“Around ten.”

“He’s probably in bed.”

“That early?”

“He likes to be the first one up,” he shortly explains as we stroll to the door. Getting back to the room was easy, and Jeff didn’t even come near us.

“So,” Louis says once we’re upstairs. “I’m guessing he already ran over the basics with you?”

“Yeah,” I say slowly. “But I definitely could use your help.”

“And you’ll get it. We have quite a busy week, especially tomorrow. I’ll text you the schedule so you know what time each thing is. I’ll guide you through everything, don’t worry.” He smiles reassuringly, and it made me feel better.

“Okay,” I say, nodding. “Thanks.”

“Goodnight,” he says. “Even though you hate me.”

I smile and roll my eyes. “I don’t hate, I just disapprove. And goodnight.”

He left my room and I released a long sigh. Today has been the weirdest and most hectic day of my entire life, and something tells me tomorrow will be even worse.

***Harry’s Point of View***

Have you ever tried to catch a cab in New York City? There’s millions of them. They occupy most of the road. Everywhere you look, there’s another yellow car. But for some reason, none of them wanted to stop for me. No matter how many I tried to flag down, not a single one pulled over. It was frustrating. I didn’t even really know where I was.