6~ Womanly Struggles

***Cara’s Point of View***

“Up, up, up! Let’s go Harry!” Louis yells in my ear, shaking me awake. My eyes pop open and I nearly scream, momentarily forgetting all that happened the day before. “You’re okay. It’s just me.”

“Sorry. I just…I don’t know. Forgot I was Harry Styles I guess,” I say, pushing back my curly hair out of my face.

“It’s alright,” he chuckles. “Get up. You have fifteen minutes to get ready before we leave for the interview. Straight from there we’re heading to a performance on the Today show, and then we need to be at a signing. Lots to do. Did you get the schedule I texted you?”

“Um…”

“You probably did. What are you waiting for? Get in the shower or you’ll be late,” Louis demands. I blink, overwhelmed by the information being thrown at me.

“Can you leave so I can shower?” I ask. He rolls his eyes.

“It’s Harry’s body. Not yours. I’ve seen it a million times. You have to get used to these things on tour. Just go,” he instructs as I get up and walk to the bathroom. After taking an extremely quick shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went to pick out clothes. Louis was still standing in my hotel room after I exited the bathroom. He was chilling on the bed as I searched Harry’s suitcase for something to wear.

“What does he usually wear to interviews and stuff?” I ask, clueless. Louis gets up and sorts through the messy disaster of a bag. He eventually throws something my way and instructs me to put it on. I didn’t argue as I did so. It was a simple shirt and skinny jeans. Classic Harry.

I did, however, find it highly concerning that his pants were tighter than mine. But oh well.

“This good?” I ask.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Louis waves off, handing me Harry’s phone and wallet. “If you didn’t already know, his life is on this phone. I highly recommend not losing it.”

I nod and hold it securely in my hand. “So what, am I ready?” I ask. Louis examines me for a long moment.

“Your hair is still wet, but I guess Lou can fix that. We have to go or we’ll be late and Jeff will be pissed as he so frequently tends to be. Come on,” Louis instructs, practically dragging me out the door. When we arrived in the garage with the van and the tour bus, the three other boys were already standing there.

I have to admit, it was surreal. Much like when I first looked into the mirror to find my ex-idol’s face appearing as my own. Again, you don’t just stop appreciating these things. There they were, the boys I’ve pined over for years now. I’d wanted so desperately to meet them. I would spend countless hours thinking of how it would happen. Imagining how each really looked, felt, or even smelled in person. Back then I was so naïve. I didn’t realize how little they cared or how slim my chances were of ever getting near them. They like to make sure of that.

But now that it really happened, I have to admit, it was a bit of a letdown. They were gorgeous, yes, but they were regular. I’m not sure what I expected, but they were just normal boys. I guess when you spend so much time building a person up, it’s easy to find that they’re not what you anticipated them to be. It was still surreal nonetheless. They were actually in front of me. And not trying to run away.