Epilogue

"Hey, babe," Harry greeted me as he walked into our shared apartment. I was hard at work, typing away on my computer. He walked over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey. How was the meeting?" I asked, pulling my eyes away from the screen. Somehow I had managed to develop the workaholic habits of my mother.

"Great. It looks like this new line of merch is going to be amazing. What are you working on?" he asked, peeking over my shoulder.

"Ah, ah, ah!" I blocked the screen with my arms. "It's not finished yet."

He laughed. "Alright, alright. I'm not peeking."

He walked away from the computer and dropped his coat by the door.

Harry and I had been dating since the switch. We kind of carried on as friends for the remainder of his tour, but we didn't want to cause a stir in the media so we played on the couple act for a while longer. Also, I think we both knew at that point there was something else besides friendship. Point being, no drama was started while the boys carried out their tour and no drama was started when Harry and I actually began dating upon its completion. It was great.

I went to college that fall at NYU, just like I had planned. I came out with an English degree and a paid internship working for my mother's publishing house. Once I finished my studies, Harry was totally set on moving in together but I refused to go anywhere far from the city.

Where does that leave us? Four years after meeting, our relationship is going strong. In fact, I think we're both contemplating some more long term options these days. Our home is better than I dreamed it to be. I still have all my old friends, and I've met some new ones along the way. Grace and I still keep in touch of course. Even Marcus has become a good friend of mine. We have lunch together on Sundays. He's found himself a girlfriend who is much better suited for him than I ever was, and they're happy as can be.

As far as Grace's love life goes, she's still searching. She's made a lot of mistakes, but I think she's figuring things out. I never did tell her about the switch.

My mother was recently proposed to, and she's been happier than I've ever seen her. The wedding is in a few months.

Overall, everything worked out better than I could've imagined. Sure, the life Harry and I now share is entirely constructed off the foundation of a giant secret that would be kept for the rest of our lives, but it was a damn good life considering.

I was just glad to be sharing it with him.

~ Perspective, over & out ~