11~ Run

I pulled out my phone and formed a text to Louis as we all piled into the van to head over to the hotel before the signing. That should be fun considering I don’t even remember what Harry’s signature looks like.

Me: How can I get away from Jeff? He’s been watching me all day. He knows something’s up…

Louis glanced up at me before responding.

Louis: get ready to run. I’ll give you the cue.

My eye widened, but I decided not to overreact. Louis smirked as we arrived at the hotel. We all got out of the van and the other boys began walking to the door behind Jeff. No one even noticed that we stayed back. Louis smiled mischievously and nodded his head toward the exit way. I smiled and silently sprinted away, trying not to make too much noise with my feet. Louis was close behind.

“Hey!” I heard Jeff yell after we were already too far gone for him to do anything. We ran straight past the guards and fought our way through the mob of fans.

“This was your brilliant idea?!” I shouted to Louis as we coursed our way down the sidewalk.

“It’s working, isn’t it?!”

I laughed and followed him until we heard screeching tires behind us. He stopped and pulled me by the wrist into a nearby shop. We ducked down so they wouldn’t spot us through the window, and as soon as the familiar black van passed we stood back up. Everyone in the store was staring at us.

And then, “Oh my gosh! Mom, look!”

A teenage girl came rushing over with her phone.

“I am such a huge fan! Can I get a picture?” she asked with a wide smile.

“Sorry, babe. We actually have to-“

“Sure, no problem,” I cut Louis off, sending him a disdainful look. He faked a smile and posed for a selfie.

It took all of thirty seconds, and then we were back on the streets. A bus conveniently pulled up to the stop nearby, and we jumped on last minute before it pulled away.

“Well that was spontaneous,” I said, plunking down into a seat.

“Yeah,” he said, seemingly distracted.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. It’s just…I don’t know. That whole picture thing in there. I feel bad.”

“Why?”

“Because we had time to stop. But I automatically said no. I always say no. It’s like second nature at this point.”

I didn’t know what to say. Its stuff like that which made me resign from the fandom in the first place. I wasn’t about to go back on my word, but I didn’t think this was the right time to attack him about what a terrible person he’s become.

“It’s alright,” I said hesitantly, faking a smile. “It’s probably all because of Jeff anyway. He keeps you guys on a tight leash.”

He almost smiled. “Yeah. He does. It’s weird for someone to understand who’s…” He glanced around the bus briefly. “Who’s not really in the band…”

I smiled and leaned back in my seat. “But I’m still not convinced. You guys could try harder.”

He shrugs. “I deserve that I guess.”

“Yes, you do.”

He looked over at me with a strange look crossing his features.

“What?” I asked defensively. He smiled again.