4~ Day One

“Slow down, dear god. When did you get such a lead foot?” Louis asks, practically gripping the seat for dear life. I roll my eyes. I guess you could say I’m a naturally fast driver.

“I’m going the speed limit,” I argue.

“No, you’re not,” he points out. I shrug.

“Woops.”

He looked completely mortified by my nonchalant attitude. It was actually pretty funny.

“I’ve never gotten a ticket before, okay? Just chill,” I assure him. “I always drive fast.”

“No, you don’t. Harry, what the hell is going on?”

“You’ll find out when we get there. Chillax.”

“You don’t say chillax either…”

“I don’t? Oh. Woops.”

I smirk as Louis lets the confusion sink in. I could mess with him knowing that he would find out the truth in about five minutes.

“Hey can you text someone for me?” I ask, handing him my phone. “It’s unsafe to text and drive.”

“You’re driving like a bat out of hell and you’re concerned about safety?”

“Just do it.”

“Okay. To who?” he asks, sighing and unlocking my phone.

“Cara.”

“Who’s Cara?”

“Just text them and ask if they’re behind the mall yet,” I instruct. He was skeptical, but did as told as I pulled into a parking space.

Louis hands me my phone and we both exit the vehicle. It buzzed with a new message.

“Great. They’re here,” I say with a grin, leading Louis around the building.

“Are we even allowed back here? Harry, what the fuck?”

“Just trust me.”

“I find that increasingly difficult.”

I don’t respond until we finally come to the designated meeting spot Harry and I had planned.

“Harry?” I call out, not even caring how insane I probably sounded to Louis right now.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asks me slowly. I roll my eyes and ignore Louis.

“Harry?” I call again. A moment later I see my own head pop out from around a nearby corner.

“Hey,” Harry says.

“Who the hell is this?” Louis asks overwhelmed. “What is going on?”

“Hey, Lou,” Harry says with a small smile.

“I don’t know you,” Louis says confusedly.

“This is going to sound pretty crazy, alright. Just bear with me here,” Harry says condescendingly. “I’m Harry.”

“No…No you’re not,” Louis says, distrustful of both of us. “That’s Harry,” he says, pointing at me. “You’re clearly not Harry.”

“Something crazy happened and we switched lives. It doesn’t make sense to us either, but it happened and we need to live as each other for a while,” I try to explain.

“This is impossible,” Louis says, backing up slightly. “I don’t believe you.”

“I knew this would happen,” I say to Harry. He rolls his eyes.