Chapter 12: Clean at last

It had been three weeks since the nightmare. And Fury had ignored her any chance he got now only referring to her as Agent instead of his usual Anna. Bucky had been denied a shower by Fury multiple times and Anna had had enough she marched into the kitchen looking for a bucket, a sponge and some cups to make him a makeshift shower of sorts.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked as she looked through the drawers and cupboards looking for the supplies. She had already piled soap, shampoo, conditioner, some hair elastics and a brush into a box that she had carried around the tower all morning looking for the things she needed. 

"Looking for- can you reach that for me." She saw sponges on a high shelf. Sam reached over her and grabbed them.

"I repeat what are you doing?" He said as she took the sponges from his hand and continued to rummage through the kitchen. 

"Fury keeps denying Bucky a shower so I thought I would make my own," She replied, Sam raised an eyebrow. 

"Of sorts."

He laughed.

"Good luck with that," He said tossing her a small rectangle bucket they usually used for washing apples.

"What's she doing?" Natasha said walking into the kitchen.

"Anna and Bucky are having bathtime" Sam teased.

Natasha raised her eyebrows

"Fury won't let me take him to the showers in the ward so I'm making my own." She answered again.

"Mm sounds fun," Natasha replied sarcastically, "And how do you think the soldier will respond to this?" She asked.

Anna bit her lip. She was right Bucky wasn't going to like this. 

"He doesn't have a say in the matter." She said reaching for the plastic cups underneath the sink.

"Good luck," Natasha said walking towards the couch.

"Why does everyone keep saying that I'm just washing his hair." She asked confused she didn't think he was going to go full assassin on her. 

"Have you met him, Anna?" Sam asked putting a hand on his head.

"He's not like that with me." She replied starting to walk away.

"I forgot you to have a connection" He teased she rolled her eyes, "Hope that saves you from the tantrum he's going to throw when he finds out your plans for the day!" He yelled after her.

Tony stumbled into the kitchen, "What's going on?" he asked.

"Anna's giving Buckaroo a bath," Natasha smirked.

"God help that woman." He said jumping onto the couch and turning on the TV.

------------

She made it to the ward box in hand now accompanied by a fresh white tank top and the usual grey sweat pants as well as towels and met outside with the guards. 

"So today's the day huh?" The guard asked he had seen her frustration with Fury and not letting Bucky get a shower. 

"Yup." She sighed scanning her palm on the door. 

And was let inside by that irritating beep. Bucky turned on his side to look at her. 

She quickly realized he had been sleeping for the first time in days.

"Were you sleeping?" She asked nervously.

"No." He sat up, "Just resting, what's that?" He asked motioning to the box.