Chapter 10: Dreams

They pushed her into the metal cell 

"We will back soon, fix him." The guard yelled before closing the door.

Bucky sat against the corner of the cold room. A black muzzle over his mouth. Anna hated that thing they put it on him when he talked too much. She went over to him. He didn't look at her but she could tell he was in pain.

"I need you to help me," She said quietly touching his arm.

He looked at her seeing her pleading eyes.

"I need you to stand." 

He started to get up she took his arm and placed it along her shoulders for support and led him to the cot and laid him down before going to get the medical bag they threw at her.

He just stared at the ceiling trying not to feel the pain ripping at his side. She walked back over to him with the bag and sat at the edge of the bed. She put her of delicate hands on the muzzle.

"I'm going to take this off ok?" She asked starting to unclip it from his mouth he nodded slightly. She took it off and saw deep bite marks on the plastic bite plate on the inside. She placed it on the ground. He stretched his mouth slightly breathing out a sigh. 

"Why are you helping me?" He breathed as she took off his shirt revealing his scared figure and the deep gash in his side. 

"I have to. It's my job to care for you." She said blankly.

He grunted. 

"Aren't you scared I'll hurt you, do things to you, like the others?" He asked coldly

"No, you're better than that."  She replied. Ignoring the many women she had seen come out of the cell each one dying or dead.  She knew that was Hydra's doing not his.

She took out the rubbing alcohol and a sterile rag from the bag and wetted it before starting to clean the cut. He hissed at it reached the gash.

"Breathe ok? Just breathe it will be over soon." She continued to clean. He kept looking at the ceiling tensing now and then, letting her clean him. 

"I'm going to stitch it up now." She kept talking trying to keep his mind off of the pain. Something she learned from Natasha when she had to take a bullet out of her arm. 

She sewed up the wound and taped gauze around it incase it opened. He sat up sweat staining his face some on his hair sticking to his forehead.

"Did they hurt you?" She asked.

"I failed my mission." He replied coldly, "I deserved it"

"No one deserves to be hurt like that," she said forcefully grabbing his hand and interlocking it with her own. 

He seemed startled at human touch and pulled away scared almost.

Anna breathed out sadly cleaning up the supplies. 

He started to say something but the door opened and he stopped seeing the Hydra guards at the door.

"Soldat who said you could take the muzzle off." The guard said in Russian sharply. Bucky's breathing quickened. He was scared.

"I did." She said cooly looking at the guard.

"No" Bucky whimpered he couldn't have them hurt her too like the others.

"I couldn't help him with it on." She replied.

The guard looked at Bucky and then back at her. He motioned to the guards beside him who picked up the muzzle and put it back on The terrified soldier. Anna held her breath biting her lip as his blue eyes pleaded with her.