Chapter 5: The Aftershock

Anna walked back to her room excited with the file in her grasp. When she felt a hand on her arm.

She turned around to see Steve holding her arm. 

"Steve-"

"Anna you have to promise me something."

"Yeah Steve anything"

"Please help him don't give up I know he can come back."

"Steve," She said looking into his blue eyes.

"I do this to help people I promise I won't stop until he's back."

"Thank you." He breathed grabbing her into a hug.  "You don't understand how much this means to me."

After he left Anna went to unlock her room in the agent headquarters and start looking over Bucky's file. It included pictures of him from the war as well as other important information most of which she already knew from her mission.

She soon realized how late it was and walked over to her small kitchen in the room to see with all of what's going on she forgot to go and get groceries so she and her way down to the main kitchen and living room where Friends was playing on the TV. 

She pulled out a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and put the water on the stove to boil. Clint walked over and sat on one of the stools attached to the front of the kitchen. 

"Hey, Clint want some Mac and Cheese?"

"Yeah sure," He replied. Something seemed off.

"What's wrong?" 

He stood up and walked over to behind the counter. 

She looked at him concerned.

"I don't want to do this An"

"What?" She replied now looking up at him now.

"He's dangerous you don't know what he's capable of." 

"Clint I was there when he was at his worst and I'm determined to be there at his best your not in charge of me I can take care of myself."

"I think you're making a mistake."

"That's not for you to decide."

She was mad now her breath quickening. Why couldn't they get over the fact she wasn't a teenager anymore but an adult who was trained to take on cases like this. 

"You making Mac and Cheese?"

She peeled her eyes off of Clints to meet Pietro's blue ones now sitting on one of the stools

"Yeah P you want some?" She breathed out calmer now.

"Sure." He replied

She finished making it and put it into three bowls for her CLint and Pietro before sitting down on the couch to see Wanda and Natasha caught in another episode of Friends.

"I don't understand why they can't get the couch up the stairs," Wanda said

"Not everyone has telekinesis Wan," Natasha muttered

Anna laughed. She was happy to have a break from the stresses of the day.

----------

Hey guys sorry, this chapter was kind of a filler for the next few because they are going to be INTENSE! Trying to get two chapters out today so hang with me!!

Also this story just hit 40 VIEWS!!!!!  omg thank you guys so much!!!

XXX

"