Chapter 13: The Hungry Soldier

Her days with Bucky became easier. He was remembering more each day and they continued to work on managing his anger and his trauma.

She was in the middle of a session with Natasha when the phone rang. She waited for a moment thinking the phone would stop it didn't.

"You should get that," Natasha said.

"Are you sure?" Anna asked not wanting to interrupt their session.

"Yes, I'm pretty much-done ranting anyways." She smiled.

Anna went up to get the phone. 

"This is Anna,"

"Anna its the soldier he's sick." 

Anna furrowed her brow, "He can't get sick." She replied.

"We found him on the floor holding his stomach. He hasn't been eating Anna." The guard replied.

"No, you were supposed to be moderating that. He has been eating."

"No Anna he hasn't he would flush it down the toilet."

Anna sighed running her fingers through her hair, "How's he now?"

"We had to strap him to the bed and set up a nutritional IV he hasn't takin it well. You should get down here."

"Okay, I'm coming." She muttered putting down the phone.

"Bucky?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah," She replied sheepishly.

"Go," Nat said, "He needs you more then I do."

"Thank you Nat we'll catch up later ok?" Anna said grabbing her ID pass.

"Yeah yeah send my love." She said sarcastically as Anna left to go help him.

--------

She ran to the cell to see the usual guards standing outside.

"Anna finally he won't stop thrashing." The guard said tiredly it had obviously been a long morning.

"Here we have his lunch. He ripped out the IV."

"Ok, I've got it from here." She said and placed her palm on the door to open it.

The beep startled him.

"Hey, Buck." She said walking towards him the IV stand lay on the floor. She put down the tray and went to pick it up.

"No! Don't put that back in me!" He yelled fighting against the bonds tying him down. This wasn't new for Anna they usually did this when the patients wouldn't eat but it didn't make it any less horrible.

"James." She said sadly sitting next to him on the bed and wiping it forehead coated in sweat. 

"Anna you.. you have to help me please." He begged. She took the second pillow and placed it behind his head sitting him up as much as the restraints would let him

"I'm sorry Bucky I can't, you have to eat" She pleaded looking into his scared eyes.

"Please" He pleaded his eyes filling up with tears. Her heart hurt for him

"Bucky. It's going to be okay" She placed a hand on his cheek.

He just looked at her. She reached down for the tray of food bringing it onto her lap. 

"No Anna no!" He screamed fighting the restraints.

"I'm here, I'm here. Okay? It's just food see?" She took a bite of the toast. He stared at her, his eyes going wide.