Inside

SAL'S POV

Larry lead the way down the stairs. I was behind him and Travis was behind me. Phillip was sitting by the entrance since his ankle was bothering him. We get to the bottom and enter a big room. It was made of stone. There was a circle design on the floor and three different entrances. "What is this place?" "It looks like some kind of secret temple or something." We all looked around. Then we heard a noise. We ran up some of the stairs and looked back. We also turned off our flashlights

TRAVIS'S POV

After we ran up the stairs some we looked in the shadows to see what the noise was. Two figures appeared wearing dark hooded cloaks. "Here is the letter you need. It has the plan I'm it on getting the child." "This time I know it will work for sure." They exchanged a letter then left in two of the three entrances. "Guys let get out of here before we get seen." They all agreed and went back up. Larry closed the trap door and covered it with leafs. We went back to see how Phillip was. He was still in pain. "I'll take you to the nurses shack to get your ankle looked at." "That would be great. It hurts like hell." I put my arm around him to support him and lead him to the shack. We left the other two to clean the rest up.

SAL'S POV

I watched as Travis and Phillip leave. Then I turned to Larry who was packing up the rest of the food. "Larry what do you think we saw when we were down there? Could it be something we're have been dealing with at the apartments?" "Could be Sal but what ever it is seems like something we shouldn't put our nose in. Too shady." "Guess your right." I then helped Larry put out the fire. We then went back to the cabin. We put the food away and got ready for bed. I hit the shower first. It was good cleaning the smoke smell from the camp fire on me. I then got out and put on my pajamas. I walked out and saw Larry looking through the others bags. "Why are you looking through their bags? That's an invasion of privacy you know." "I know dude. I just wanted to see if I found anything good." I sat on the bed and combed out my hair. "Dude I found Travis's journal! This probably packed with his darkest secrets." "Don't you read that. Leave him alone. Your so mean to him." "Dude he's an asshole and his dad probably killed your mom." "That still doesn't give you a right." I watched as he opened it and turned the pages. He then stopped and looked at me. "This might give us a clue as to who those guys were that we saw in the underground room." I grabbed the book from Larry. I read the page silently to myself
Dear dairy
My dad beat me again today. He was mad that I forgot to thank my mom when she put my food down. He's always like this. I hate it. I wish he was the kind of father that was loving or dead. I wouldn't care if he was dead at this point     I noticed something odd today when I was helping my father clean the church. I went in the a closet and saw some weird things. There were the big hooded heavy looking dark robes. I also was some books that had weird text in them and get this there was a mask too! It was in the shape of a dogs head. This one looked like the one we had at my house except it didn't have a blood stain on it. I would ask my father about it but he might think I was snooping so I won't. I don't want him to beat me up again for it.
I stopped. Travis has seen the mask. There is finally evidence. I'm not crazy after all. Everyone told me that there was no man with a dog mask that it probably was just a large dog that looked like a man to me. This explains so much. "Travis has seen the mask. He knows what the people in coats are and probably what they are doing. We have to ask him about it." "He probably doesn't know that much. I mean he says he found those things and never asked his dad about it further so it could just have been some sort of choir robes. Let's not ask him about at least for tonight. I'm tried and want to go to bed." I signed. There was no convincing Larry when he was tired. He got his pajamas on and crawled into bed. After about five minutes he was snoring. I tried to stay up for the other two but sleep kept getting to me. I eventually gave in and went to bed. I hopped that Phillip wasn't too badly hurt.

PHILLIP'S POV

We finally made it to the nurses shack. We told her what happened and she said to take a seat on the bed. Travis guides me over then sat in the chair next to the bed. I sat on the bed. The nurse came in and asked to take my shoe off. It was painful but I finally managed to get it off. She looked it over. It was badly swollen and bruised.  She left then came back with a wrap and some pain meds. I took the meds while she wrapped the foot. She told me that it was badly sprained and that if it didn't show signs of improvement that I might need to go get an X-ray of it. I thanked her and she gave me a crunch to help me walk. We then slowly made our way back to the cabin. We opened the door and I moved my things so I could sleep on the bottom. I asked Travis what did they managed to find at the end of the stair case. He told me that it was a big room with three different halls leading away from the main room. He then said that they were almost discover by two people in dark cloaks. This got me thinking about the night I saw the hooded figures by the lake. Could there be a connection?