Arrval

PHILLIP'S POV

I woke up to the sweet scent of coffee. I rolled out of bed and headed for the bathroom. My busted eyebrow was healing up quite nicely. Today was the big day. I was going to be attending summer camp for the first time and was excited but nervous at the same time. I didn't have many friends since I had moved her in the middle of the year. So the chances of me knowing anyone was slim to none. It was however excited to spend most of my days in the wilderness. I have always loved the outdoors and all the secrets it has to offer. I walk out of the bathroom and finish packing my things. I then walk down stairs and put the bag close to the door that leads to the garage. Then I walk to the kitchen where my mom is making coffee and omelets. "Has father already gone off to work?" "Yes he has but said to say that you have some fun and let lose." This was just like him. He loved his family but when a job came up he jumped for it. I sat down at the table and looked at my mom. She had long jet black hair and she wore a tank top that showed off her tattoos. On the left arm she had a snake wrapped around it and the right arm had a dragon. She had several piercings on both ears and wore heavy makeup. She set the food down and we ate. Then I helped clean up and got ready to leave. I said goodbye to my cat Robby. He was a hairless pink cat that we always said looked like uncooked chicken. He simply looked at me and went about his day. We headed to the garage and loaded the car. My mom drove a fire red mustang. We opened the door and headed on our way. The drive was only about an hour from my place. The camp was set by a lake and surrounded by thick forest. It was so beautiful. We parked and I went and signed in. I got cabin number four. Then I went and got my things and said goodbye to my mom. "I hope you have the greatest time." "I wish I could go explore the great outdoors but you know that wouldn't be good for my business." My mom owned her own tattoo parlor. The only one in town so she was busy a lot. "I will mom." "I'll make sure to send you some picked flowers for you." "I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too sweetheart." We then hugged and parted ways. I was the first one to make it to the cabin. It was a pretty decent cabin. It had four sets of bunks and a bathroom. I chose the top bunk on the right closest to the bathroom. I unpacked my things. Then I headed to the meeting place were all the campers where supposed to go to hear what they had in store for us for the next two weeks.

TRAVIS's POV

Today was the day. I would leave my personal hell for two weeks and could not be more excited. I jumped out of bed, wincing at the pain on my side that happened the night before. I then went to my closest and pulled out my suitcase. I packed all my things that I needed including a first aid kit. Knowing me I was bound to use it at some point. I then skipped down stairs to where my mom was. She had me a bowl of cereal and orange juice ready for me. She was smiling at me as I ate. "Are you excited about going to camp son?" "I think this is a good thing for you to get out and get some fresh air." I nodded in agreement. I then put my dishes in the sink and dashed to the car with my bag. We then started on our way to the camp. We got there and I said my goodbyes to her. "Goodbye mom. I love you." " I love you too son." "Have too much fun." We hugged and she drove off. I made my way to the check in station was was assigned cabin number four. I make my way with bags in hand. I open it and see that I wasn't alone. Someone had already claimed one of the beds. I chose the top bunk on the left side closest to the bathroom. I set my things up then went and set my thinks up in the bathroom. I then headed my way to the meeting area for all the campers. This will be fun Travis. At least your away from him for awhile.

SAL'S POV

I got up with a jolt. Gizmo had decided to jump on me which caused me to wake up in a panic. Seeing that it was only Gizmo I calmed down and got up. I got my things ready and headed for the bathroom. I brushed my messy hair and put my glass eye in. I blinked a few times to get it adjusted. The clicked my prosthetic on and walked out. My dad has gone back to his room at some point during the night but had left a drool spot on the couch where he had been passed out for awhile. I made it back to my room and texted Larry if I could hitch a ride from him. He said it would be fine and that he would be up in a bit.

LARRY'S POV

When I had gotten the text message for Sal I was just finished packing. I asked my mom if he could ride with us and she said it was fine. "He doesn't even have to ask." "He's like part of the family." I grinned at her and said that I'll got up and get him and we will meet at the car. She mobbed and I grabbed my things. I made my way to the elevator and pressed the fourth floor. I few minutes went by and I was there. I walked out and knocked on the door. There was no answer so I opened the door. I strong smell hit me and I knew why he needed a ride. His dad had been drinking again. I quickly rushed to his room and bust open the door. He screamed then noticing that it was me calmed down. He had his stuff packed and sitting in the bed. "You ready to go dude?" "Let's get out of this shit hole for awhile." He nodded and we hugged. He then grabbed his bag and we headed out. Before we could reach the door we saw his dad standing in his doorway. He had no shirt on exposing his beer belly and squinting at us. "Keep the noise down I have a headache!" He then turned around and went back in his room slamming the door. We then left and meat my mom at her car. We put our things in and hopped in the back seat. We joked and talked the whole way there. By the time we got there it was kinda late. Lisa wished us fun and said goodbye. Then we went and checked in. We both got cabin number four. We made our way there and calmed our beds. I picked the top left closest to the door and Sal chose the bottom of mine. Then we headed to the meeting place.