12.A New Life

Note: Saanvi and Devi both are the same persons. When Saanvi was unconscious, people started calling her Devi(A word that denotes respect).

The next day:
It was nearing noon when Saanvi woke up. Her body was still weak so everybody allowed her a little sleep.
She decided to get freshen up fast but the problem was all the women took bath at the river that too early in the morning as nobody goes to there at such an hour.
"Amma, Can you please give a solution?"
After much thought, they decided to form a makeshift bathroom at the back of their house. Saanvi and Lata went to the river to fetch water and stored it in big drums near the bathroom.
Saanvi soon got ready.
As she did not have any of her clothes, she was wearing what she borrowed from Lata. Lata's clothes were made of a rough cotton which pricked her skin a lot but she did not want to burden her foster parents by asking for better clothes. She put up whatever was given to her and went to the kitchen to help the ladies.

"Lata let me do some work!"
"No jiji, you are still weak."
"Amma, let me do some work please."
"Okay. You come here and make some rotis."
Saanvi stumbled a bit. When she was asking for work she meant some labour work as she had no clue how to cook. she has never ever made a single chapati. Heck she hadn't ever seen a chulha( old age stove). But now she couldn't say no now!
"Okay amma."
Saanvi was given small round balls of dough and she had to make it a circular shaped flat structure.
"OMG! What a complex geometry issue!"-Exclaimed Saanvi.
"Arey why do you start speaking gibberish again and again?"- asked Lata.
"I did not say anything Lata. Your ears are ringing!"- replied Saanvi.
Okay back to the task! Saanvi started pressing the dough with her palms. She then pressed it on the plate to make it actually flat. But however hard she tried she failed to make a round chapati. sometimes it will be a square, sometimes it will be a triangle. Seeing her struggle, Lata and Shantiji started laughing.
"Have you never made a single chapati in your life Devi beta?"- asked shanti amma.
"No amma. in my home there were various cooks who used to make food for me and my father."- replied Saanvi.
"Oh. It means you are from a very rich family! Why did you not say so beta. We must arrange some better place for you."- said Amma.
"No amma. I have left that life behind. I want to start a new life now. Anyway I do not think I can go back to my old place ever. So I better start adjusting here."- replied Saanvi.
"You are very smart Devi. You do such mature talks."- exclaimed Lata
"Okay beta I will teach you cooking."- said amma.

Later: Amma-"I have heard from people that a few new shops have come in the market

Later:
Amma-"I have heard from people that a few new shops have come in the market. They are selling very fine clothes. Lata you must go with Devi and buy her some."
"But amma i do not want to burden you."
"This is no burden. A single gold coin you received as a price will buy you all the stuff you require."- said Amma.
"If you say so amma."- said Saanvi.