2. Trap Queen

~Queen POV~

Logan was on a mission. He wasted no time at all this morning waking me up at the ass crack of dawn. I was heated but I understood where he was coming from. I had a limited time to learn everything about the drug game so I can take over temporarily. Logan was making breakfast while I was getting ready for the day. I was standing in my towel, looking in my closet, thinking about what an appropriate outfit for today's errands would be. There was no need to dress all fancy like I usually would. Yet, I still didn't want to look like some bum-ass bitch, instead, I went with a tomboy vibe. I had on black joggers with an off the shoulder crop top sweater a gold chain and a black beanie that said #flirt. I tied it all together with my black high-top air force ones. I looked good, yet, I was ready in case some shit was to go down.

I made my way into the kitchen, kissing Logan on the cheek before sitting down at the table. I was all set and ready to get this day over with if I was being honest. Don't get me wrong, I was all for helping my nigga do what needed to be done, I just didn't think he was gonna have me up all early in the morning like this on the weekend. Logan sat a cup of coffee down in front of me and returned the kiss on the cheek I had just given him.

"You don't look too happy this morning," Logan acknowledged.

I gave him a small smile before I took a sip of my coffee. "I'm fine, baby, just tired."

I finished the rest of my coffee; lord knows I was gonna need it. As we ate breakfast, Logan was giving me the rundown on the trap houses. He told me how much money I was going to receive from them. Logan also told me, who I was supposed to get the money from. He didn't want to go too far into the details right now, it would be easier for him to show me than tell me. At least that's what he said. We wrapped up breakfast and were on our way.

"It's a good thing I choose today to put you on. Cause I would have been doing all this today anyway."

We were on our way to Kensington and I could tell Logan was already feeling uneasy. "I'm gonna come with you the first few times you do this. Once I feel as though you got the hang of it, I'm gonna hire you a bodyguard."

"I don't need a bodyguard, Logan. I can take care of myself," It might have just been me being stubborn, but I really could handle myself. With all the self-defense classes he had me going to and with going to the range at least three times a week, I was more than capable.

"That's not the point, Queen. Damn, stop being so damn hardheaded and just listen to me"

Logan went on to tell me how Kensington was basically the only place in Philadelphia where drugs were readily available. So many of the city's fiends resided here because of it. So many gang wars happened just for someone selling on the wrong corner. It wasn't long before we arrived, and I saw for myself everything Logan was saying was real and not overexaggerated. It was like Kensington was a place just for people to get high on their choice of drug. To be honest, it was actually sad.

"It's not that I don't think you can defend yourself, trust me I know you can. But I don't want to risk something happening to you. I'm already taking a risk with you by training you in this shit. The least I can do is make sure you're safe at all times."

I didn't argue with Logan's reasoning, I just let it go. No matter what I said it wasn't going to change his mind. He was probably right though, these niggas could be capable of anything, especially these fiends. They would do anything to get their next fix. I was honestly shocked by what I saw as we drove down K&A. There were tents pitched under the el tracks and needles littered the sidewalks. There were even people passed out on front porches. I now understood why he wanted someone with me at all times.

Once we got to the main house, Logan introduced me to the caseworker. After talking with him about how much money I should be receiving, he and Logan led me into the kitchen where the product was being bagged and cooked. I was taught how to cook, bag, and measure. Shockingly, I was very good at it.

"It's gonna be sporadic when you'll actually have to help cook shit up but just in case now you know how to." The caseworker said. "Also never ever call or accept business calls on your personal phone. We get burner phones every week. It's harder to trace that way." With that, he handed me a burner phone. I was also told before just tossing it away to break it as much as I could to be sure it would no longer work.

It was the same thing at all the rest of the bandos. By the fourth one, I was very confident that I would be able to do this on my own. Logan, on the other hand, wanted to make sure I made no mistakes. At each house, I was to cook a batch of coke, bag it, and count the money the house had pulled in. Even though we had left out early to start my training, we didn't get back home till damn near three in the afternoon. We had about five duffle bags of money with us and because we were out all day, Logan said he'll show me where I'm supposed to take them tomorrow. Overall, it was a very productive day. I guess I'm the trap Queen, now.

We were just about to pull into the garage when I noticed a familiar black F150. "There's no way," I said, looking out the window. To my surprise, Ness stepped out of the truck. "Babe, BABE, look!" I said, smacking Logan's arm. I was finna have a panic attack. Flashbacks of the night he was about to so called rape me filled my head.

"Stay right here, babe, I'm bout to do this nigga right now." Logan reached across from me and opened the glove compartment. He pulled out his Kimber semi-auto pistol.

"Babe you can't do that shit right here," I said stopping him before he opened the car door.

"And why the hell not?"

"Our house is right the fuck there, Logan! Don't be fucking stupid." I really couldn't believe Logan was planning on just killing Ness in front of our building. Like I get he want that nigga dead, but no one wanted him dead more than me. Logan stayed in the car, fuming. His trigger finger was itching and the only way to scratch it was to put two in the middle of Ness's head.

"Naw, this shit bout to get handled." Logan pulled his phone out and made a call. I wasn't sure who he was on the phone but he had something up his sleeve. While Logan was on the phone, I kept my eyes on Ness. He most definitely was looking for me. Ness kept pacing back and forth in front of our building like he was thinking about going in or not.

"Queen? Babe?" I didn't realize Logan was calling me until he touched my thigh. "You good babe?"

"Yea, I'm good. Who was that on the phone?"

"Don't worry about that right now. What I need you to do is run up to the crib and go get us both a change of clothes, like now. Go through the garage. I'm gonna stay right here to make sure this nigga don't go nowhere."

I just nodded and hurried out of the car. I didn't know what was about to go down but I was with it. The fact that Logan was even letting me be a part of the plan was shocking.

While I was upstairs grabbing clothes and putting them into a bag, I stopped to use the bathroom before heading back downstairs. I heard tires squealing and three gunshots. I paused, then jumped up. A bitch almost forgot to wipe her ass...almost. I grabbed that bag and hauled ass back down. I went back out through the garage—the same way I entered. I paused when I saw Ness lying in a pool of blood. My hand flew to my mouth.

" BABE!!! QUEEN!! Come on we gotta skate!!!"

After the shock wore off, I realized that the sound of sirens was coming closer. I jumped in the car and Logan peeled off. I turned around on my knees like a toddler, looking out the back window of a car and looked at Ness's body until it disappeared from my view.