11. Let the War Begin

~Logan~

It's been two months and Queen and I finally had everything in place. I put my crib and cars in her name, that way when Child Protection Services go digging, they wouldn't be asking me how I was able to afford all of it. I got a little gig at a Dunkin Doughnut, making nine dollars an hour. This shit was blowing me, but I needed to just get through it to get my daughter back. Two months without seeing my baby girl. Shit was tough, it was a small price I had to pay. All that was left to do was call CPS on Andrea's ass. I was a little too excited about calling them. I just couldn't wait till I got Elara with me permanently. With Queen stepping up to make sure my side business ran smoothly, I could put more of my focus on this case that I was gonna have to fight with Andrea.

I was at my mama crib pacing back and forth with my phone in my hand. My mom and Queen just sat on the couch watching me.

"Boy if you don't stop that shit. Gonna end up making a trench in my damn floor."

"My bad mom, I can't help it." I stopped pacing and just stared at the number in my phone. All I had to do was hit dial and in a matter of weeks, I could have my baby. I wasn't nervous, I just wanted to enjoy the moment.

"Give me the damn phone!" my mother was a patient woman, but when it came to her loved ones, you couldn't tell. My mom snatched the phone from my hand and called CPS. She got up and walked into her bedroom closing the door.

"Really?" I said, standing there dumbstruck.

Queen was laughing her ass off on the couch. "You salty or nah?" She asked crossing her legs.

"Shut yo big head ass up," I said to her playfully. I mugged her as I sat down next to her on the couch. "How she just gonna steal my thunder? Like I wanted to be the one to call," I said pointing towards my mom's room.

Queen shrugged her shoulders. "You took too damn long. We understand your excitement but you also have to understand the importance of the situation. Elara is not living in a safe environment."

As always Queen was right. I was looking at this more like a victory. Don't get me wrong, I was concerned about the living conditions my child had to endure. "Yea, I know. I just feel accomplished, you know. I'm finally taking the steps needed to get myself together."

"Just try to stay focused, ok baby?" I was just about to give Queen a kiss when my mama emerged from her room.

"So?" I asked as she handed me back my phone.

"They will be sending someone over to visit. If it's as bad as you say, Elara will be out of there sooner than you know."

No cap, I was ecstatic. Knowing I was gonna have my baby girl with me was just what I needed to hear today.

"That's good. Umm, but I gotta slide on out of here. Don't want to be late for my shift." I said kissing Queen on the forehead.

"That's all you have to say?" My mom asked me, looking confused.

"Now, mama Negasi, we both know as soon as he leaves this house he's gonna be dancing," Queen chimed in.

"Ain't that the truth."

I made my way to the front door as the two of them were clowning me. It was all good though. I didn't even care, all that mattered was that I was one step closer to getting my baby girl. Nothing could wipe the smirk on my face today.

Queen

The last month has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Logan and I were both stressed out from getting everything in order. I have to admit that I was very confused the night Andrea came over and Logan let her leave with Elara. Thankfully, he had something up his sleeve. Although Elara didn't crawl out of my lady regions, that little girl was my heart and soul. I'd do anything for her, including beating the fuck out her rachet ass mother. But that's neither here nor there.