5. No Time for Trust

~Logan~

 A couple of weeks went by and I had started my GED classes. For once, it seemed like things were working out in my favor. I was doing pretty well in class and even put in a few job applications here and there. I was busying myself, so I didn't have to spend too much time with Queen. As much as I tried to act like nothing was wrong, it was hard. Every time I looked at Queen, all I could do was think about how she lied to me. It was becoming harder to act as if nothing was wrong.

"What's been going on with you lately?" Queen asked as she sat down next to me on the couch.

I skimmed over some of the work we had done in class. Even though I didn't really need to, I already knew it. I took a deep breath knowing I should have just gone to the library or to my mama's house. I was doing an excellent job of avoiding Queen. Now there was no place for me to run to.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what she was talking about. I wasn't ready to have this conversation with her. The wound was still fresh and it still hurt.

I closed my notebook, knowing whether I was ready or not it was gonna happen. I stared at Queen waiting for her to say something. She was searching my face for some kind of hint of what was going on.

"You tell me, Logan, you the one who's been avoiding me lately. We have to go to CCP at the same damn time and you never offer to let me ride with you or you just take your car and leave hella early. You were way too busy for me all of a sudden what's up with that?"

I took a deep breath. Queen wasn't lying. I was going out of my way to avoid her. I thought I was being subtle but I guess not.

"I'm going to ask you something. And I want you to tell me the truth."

Queen looked worried like I might know her darkest secret, hell I probably did.

"The baby, that you miscarried. Was it mine?" I waited for what seemed like forever for her to answer. An awkward silence covered us like a blanket.

"Why would you even ask that? Did Andrea—"

I got up and flipped the coffee table over. Queen jumped back, looking scared at first before she hid her fear behind a blank expression.

"Don't start that bullshit, Queen. Andrea had nothing to do with this. Just tell the got damn truth!"

"Yes, it was yours. Like where the fuck is all this coming from? You need to calm the hell down. Cause you got the wrong damn one. Flipping tables over and shit."

Queen rolled her eyes. But I could see the change in her demeanor. The guilt was all over her face whether she knew it or not.

"So you gonna lie straight to my face? Queen, I heard you and Brielle talking about this shit just the other day. It was that nigga, Ness baby!"

Queen 's face dropped when she heard the words leave my mouth. After everything I have done for her, she sat and lied straight to my face and didn't give it a second thought.

"Everything makes sense now. That's why you was crying over that nigga when he got shot. Were you still seeing him?"

I was more hurt than mad at this point. How was I supposed to react? The woman who I thought was the love of my life lied to me. I could understand if it was something trivial, but to make me believe a child of mine had died? That's just evil. I knew Queen could be heartless at times; I never thought she would be callous towards me of all people. This shit was fucking with my head.

"Don't even answer that. You're so comfortable lying to me, I wouldn't know to believe anything out your mouth right now."

I started to pace back and forth. I have enough on my plate already and now I had to deal with my fiance lying to me. Shit had me all types of fucked-up.