14. The Choice

~Rico~

I don't understand how I always find myself mixed up in other people's drama. Granted, I do have a way of finding myself in these situations a lot. No matter what I do, I'm always mixed up in some bullshit. Isidora was starting to work my last nerve about this Logan bullshit. Damn, he doesn't want your ass, move on. She called me and told me to meet her at the hotel. I'm thinking she wants to get dicked down, right quick, nope! This bitch called me over here to listen to her cry about another nigga. Just my luck, right?

"What the fuck do that bitch have that I don't? He sat there and tried to act like he don't remember fucking me. Now I'm pregnant with his baby and he still looking at that bitch." I rolled my eyes. I did not want to sit here and listen to this shit. But if being her shoulder to cry on meant I was gonna get the cartel I had to tough it out. I have to admit I did envy Logan for the effect he had on females. First Andrea and now Isidora. Like damn what the fuck was he doing to these bitches?

"I didn't think you were one of those type females." I said rolling an L. "I mean you're smart and beautiful. You really thought having his baby was gonna make him want you?. Andrea tried that shit and you see how that turned out." I said as I pearled my L to perfection. I didn't really know what else to say. My opinion didn't matter and she damned sure did not want to hear it. If Isidora wants to be a dumb bitch and keep chasing after a nigga that didn't want her, that's her business. I had nothing to do with that. I didn't give a fuck what shawty did, as long as it wasn't stopping us from getting the cartel back. I had one goal and that was to get what I was owed.

It was funny in a way. The more I thought about it, the more Logan and I seemed like Caine and O-dog from Menace II society. Logan was Caine; calm, cool, collective. He was the brains in the whole operation. Where's though I was O-Dog always ready to pop off if I had too and would do anything if it meant I was getting to a bag. Our friendship, however,, wasn't like their's. Cause Logan was only ever worried about himself. He left the rest of us at the bottom while he used us to climb his way to the top. But his empire was gonna fall soon, I was gonna make sure of that.

"Excuse me, but I don't remember asking you what you think." Isidora snapped.

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't give a fuck about her funky ass attitude. I damn sure wasn't going to deal with it either. "You know what, you right. I don't even know why you called me over here." I got up and headed to the door. A nigga was a little backed up and if she wasn't putting out or talking money, I had no reason to be there.

"So you're just gonna leave? That's how you fe—"

I heard Isidora run to the bathroom. I shook my head and went on my way. She could have fun with all that. I wasn't finna be holding her hair back every time she had the urge to purge.

I texted Andrea before I pulled off; I was getting some today. Shit, I didn't even care who I got it from. I knew Andrea would be willing to put out as long as I pulled up on some smooth shit and had something for the baby. I pulled up to the Rainbow on Germantown Ave, it wasn't too far from Andrea's crib so it would do and they were cheap. I picked out about four outfits for Elara and called it a day. She was a baby. It wasn't like she needed anything too expensive.

I walked up in Andrea's crib and her sister was sitting on the couch with some dude. It didn't even look like they were here. I noticed they both had tourniquets around their arms. "Oh yeah, they gone," I said to myself as I made my way back to Andrea's room. I could hear Mulatto's 'No Panties' coming from her bedroom. If I knew Andrea as well as I thought I did from the few times we kicked it, she was dancing around her room getting dressed.

"Ay yo, Andrea what's good?" I said walking into the room. I was wrong about her dancing though. This bitch was full on fucking another nigga and Elara was in the crib watching the whole thing.

"Yo, what the fuck is wrong with you, yo?" I screamed. Finally grabbing both of their attention.

Andrea jumped off dude like she just got caught by her dad or something. I didn't give a fuck that she was fucking another nigga, hell, I knew she sold pussy for a living but to do that shit in front of your child was just foul and I couldn't respect that. On top of that, she knew I was coming over so to even be doing this anyway was outta pocket.

"Who the fuck is you?" Boul asked as he was pulling his pants on.

I couldn't say shit else. This whole time I was envying Logan and the bitches that was so crazy about him were just foul as fuck. Hell, he could have all the drama, I was done with it. I just wanted to get the cartel and make money.

I threw the rainbow bag at Andrea and bounced. I was done trying to help Isidora, I was done playing with Andrea, and I was most definitely done worrying about Logan. It was time I focused on what was important. If they wanted to let love and emotions distract them from getting this money then so be it. I was happy to snatch a check from these niggas.

Once I was back in the whip, I hit up Sergio, letting him know I was flying out to Spain. It was about time I started to make some moves. I could go to Spain for a few days to get the shipment Logan was originally supposed to get and give it to my Westside soldiers. Oh yeah, niggas was finna to eat, for real.

***

The few weeks that I spent in Spain were treating me well. I was free from the drama and business was flowing. Sergio was the MVP, he was now my right hand. If it wasn't for him, I would've never been able to get Isidora on board with me taking over the cartel. All that was left to do was get the shipment to my niggas. After setting all that up, it was time for me to bounce and head back to the states. Although I came down here for business, it was just the break I needed from all the drama back home.

I was leaving the warehouse to head back to Isidora's house to gather my things when she started to call me.

"Yo, wassup wit you, shawty?" I said as I was getting into the car.

"Where the hell has your ass been these past few weeks?"

"Nah, we are not about to do all that. I don't got time for none of that negative energy you got going on." I said as I lit up an L. I inhaled the weed and exhaled all the toxicity in my life. Isidora was not about to ruin my mood.

"Richard, where have you been?" She asked, more calmly.

"Taking care of business, since you seem to be getting distracted with other things."

"What do you mean I have been getting distracted?

"Just what the fuck I said! Your ass has been so worried about getting Logan's bitch ass back, you forgot our deal. So while you're up that nigga's ass, I took it upon myself to get some shit in motion, you feel me."

I motioned to my driver to start the car up. As much as I didn't want to go back to the states, I had some loose ends that I needed to tie up; Isidora being one of them. Soon as I handled her, there would be no Castaña apart of the Castaña cartel. Hell, shit was gonna have a new name too. I already had my plans in motion and Isidora was too stuck on Logan to see the bigger picture here. I wasn't gonna stall my plans just so she could live in a one-sided fairytale. There was money to be made and I wanted to be the one making it. I had to seize the opportunity.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Rico, this is still MY cartel. You are just doing the dirty work for me. So you best slow your roll."

"Isidora, listen to me and listen good. If you want to be out here chasing niggas that don't give a damn about you, that's your business. We had a deal, and I kept up with my end and it's time for you to deliver on yours. You are so worried about making Logan fall in love with you, that you are allowing money to slip through our fingers. So I'm taking charge of this operation now. You have daddy's little trust fund to fall back on. I don't so, what's done is done and there's nothing you can do to stop it."

I hung up the phone before she had a chance to respond, I was gonna deal with that ass later. I didn't have time for all that. A nigga was about to make a name for himself. I was the real definition of starting from the bottom.