A Part of Something (For Once)

After waiting for a week, and getting many glares from the postbird that works in this village, I finally received information on the inauguration ceremony - which was to take place today. I was so excited to be a part of something for once! I had been practicing my gale for ages - I've come up with a fitting name: Revali's Gale!

Anyway, so today I was flying to the castle... Hyrule is so beautiful! I'd never left Tabantha and Hebra before... I breathed in the fresh air - the air of freedom. 

The ceremony itself was pretty boring... at least now I am an official champion. Lasli was holding the banner behind me throughout the whole ceremony, it made me feel so uncomfortable, the way I could feel her glaring at me.

After the ceremony, I caught up with the princess and met the other champions. Maybe I should say a bit about them... well, first there's Urbosa, not Urbosu, as I later found out. She's the chief the the Gerudo. Urbosa looks very tough, but she's actually very kind and protecting. She's a very good mother to Zelda, who lost her mother years ago to the hands of the Yiga Clan. I admire Urbosa, but honestly, she scares me a little.

Then there's Daruk, a Goron from Death Mountain. He's practically best friends with Link, and he's fun to have around. He and Link had an eating contest, and to my surprise, Link won. I'm a very picky eater myself, I would have lost by a mile. Daruk is very nice to me, and I am pleased so I do my best to be nice back.

And lastly... there is her. When I first saw her, she was the most beautiful person I have even seen, clutching her trident, she looked so worried. And adorable. I could feel myself heating up. She's so kind too. She was so nice to me, when we spoke. I was trying my best not to say what was on my mind... I think I freaked her out a little bit. Anyway, she is princess of the Zora, Mipha. 

Her name echoes in my head... Mipha... I am not sure if I am ready to say I am in love again, but I sure like her an awful lot.

And Link. That word is a bitter taste in my mouth. When I first landed, I saw him with Zelda. I walked up to the two of them and greeted them as politely as I could. Guess what that annoying knight did? He looked me right in the eye, did not say a word and stalked off to Daruk. 

"W-what?" I asked the princess, confused.

"Link doesn't speak, but he didn't need to be so rude..." The princess looked concerned. "Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing."

And even worse... the whole time Mipha wasn't looking at anyone else...

She was only looking at him.

The Hylian with sword that seals the darkness.

Link.