Awkward Questions

Soojin and I arrived at the compound at almost half past 12 am after telling dad that I overslept, that’s why I didn’t go to the meet. Both tired, we decided to eat dinner and talk about our lives while we rested both of our bodies through the delicious meal courtesy of Soojin. Apparently, she already forgot of how angry and irritated she was before we went to share another memorable moment together. It was a nice talk and with it I realized how pretty Soojin was as she is even without the thought of having sex with her. She was very shy in reality, but that simply made me want to know her personality even more. Last night was different; I wasn’t simply having sex with Seo Soojin but it felt like we were into some sort of connection that was available only between the two of us, and talking to her simply made that thought a lot clearer.

The next morning, or rather a few hours later, I was up early despite hardly being able to sleep given how tired I was. I went to the kitchen at about past 5 am, the first beams of sunlight peering through the gaps of the curtain-clad apartment. Despite that, the early morning chill of the air con chilled the entire room. I placed the hoodie of my jacket on my head and hatched an idea to cook for the girls on my own. I transferred the ingredients I needed from the fridge to the table and begun my cooking.

About three hours passed and I was nearly finished with cooking all of the foods that I know the members eat a lot, especially Soyeon’s fried bananas which were luckily on the fridge. I was mixing the kimchi fried rice when I suddenly felt someone hug me from behind. Her grasp was soft and very sensual. I looked down towards her hands and saw that she had slender and long milky white fingers. I immediately thought of Soojin and held her hand tenderly while I resumed mixing the fried rice.

“HEY WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING THERE?” the high pitched-voice of Minnie erupted from behind which cause me and Soojin to jump in our place.

Soojin let go and I turned to face Minnie, and that was when I felt my cheeks swell and turn really red. The person who hugged me was shorter than Soojin, had a blonde, short cut hair, and was actually Soyeon. We both returned gazes of equal shock to each other and upon recognizing who I was, Soyeon proceeded to smile at me widely before Minnie and Yuqi appeared on the kitchen.

“What on earth was that?” Miyeon-noona asked.

“Are we finally getting robbed?” asked Yuqi groggily while she rubbed her eyes with her knuckle and stifling a few muffled yawns.

“I went to the kitchen because I heard someone’s cooking,” explained Soyeon. “I saw someone wearing a hood and I hugged from behind because I thought Y/N oppa looked like Soojin from the back.”

“And I thought YOU were Soojin,” I muttered under my breath.

“What’s that, manager-nim?”

“Ah nothing, I prepared breakfast for all of you. The fried rice is nearly done you guys could already take a seat. I’ll start to prepare.”

Yuqi, Miyeon, Minnie and Soyeon bowed and gave their gratitude. They each took seats on the dining table and some of them are still pretty sleepy given the time. I could hear Yuqi’s muffled yawns as I began to bring all the dishes towards the table. Their eyes widened with all their favourites before them, washing off any signs of sleep out of their bodies. Miyeon-noona gave a wide whiff off of the smoking foods. Minnie rubbed her eyes and repeatedly transferred her gaze from the dishes and me. Soyeon slowly hovered over the plate of fried bananas.

“You made all of these, manager-nim?” asked Miyeon in disbelief.

I felt myself blush and my ears go red hot.