When Eternities End

"Y/N-nim, are you okay? You've been silent for a while," Soyeon's voice shook Y/N after spacing out quite a while, in turn putting his mind back to the grill with the rest of the girls. "It's not like you. Is there something wrong?"

He had been lost in thought for quite a while ever since he sat on the foldable chair in between Shuhua and Soojin. At first, he thought that he was just feeling quite a bit of stress considering who he was sitting next to, but then he realized that whatever uncomfortable feeling he had was traced way back when he left off of the van. Things started to feel a bit different compared to the usual phenomena that his body was supposed to feel and the confirmation of his burning hot fever somehow made things a lot clear to him: he was indeed feeling ill. The only logical explanation for that was the sudden change in the weather.

However, it baffles him as to why it only occurred now. He and Soyeon had stayed in Seoul for quite a while now and in his head he should be rendered ill earlier and not when he's supposed to be enjoying the night with the girls. It was the stupidest timing in the world and what sucks is he could not even do anything but just roll with it.

He can't even endure it unless he wanted his and the girls' experience to suffer because of him.

"Y/N-oppa," Yuqi said as she waved a hand in front of him. "Are you okay?"

Y/N blinked for a moment and Yuqi's action brought him back to his senses again. "W-what...? You were saying something Yuqi?"

"You've been silent and really unenthusiastic. Is there a problem? Do you not like the grilled meat?"

Y/N paused for a while as he gathered what remained of himself back together.

"Oh no, it's not that. The grill is fantastic. I'm just thinking about something else."

"It looks like it's really serious. If it's bothering you, you can tell it to us," Soyeon suggested.

"We'll try our best to help," Miyeon said in a soft tone.

Y/N gazed to the girls around him as they eyed him with concern, all while the soft sizzles filled the silent void and the light amount of smoke flew to the air. He then felt awkward for having tons of eyes looking at him with utmost concern but deep inside he knew that he could not even afford to say a little longer. At that point, his high fever coupled with his severe headache started to take its toll on his concentration and he could not bring himself to act that he was okay because he knew it would be the absolute worst for everyone.

Fuck, I don't want to ruin the fun this way but I have to do it.

As much as I hate to destroy the moment by leaving early, I don't want them staying all night and asking if I'm okay here. I would only make a fool out of myself for doing that.

I need to call this a day and give myself some rest because I really need it.

"I'm really sorry," he began and the girls eyed him with a whole lot more concern. "Honestly, I'm not feeling really well since we left the conference room a while back. I started to feel a bit different, like I was feeling cold even if I'm not supposed to since it is a summer evening after all. The only thing I could think of was I caught a fever because of the sudden change in the weather when we came here in South Korea..."

Soojin, who was seating next to him, moved and leaned in to his direction taking Y/N and Soyeon by surprise. Before he could react, she placed the back of her hand against his forehead with her touch generating thousands of signals all over his body as if he just got cured of the fever he was having. Obviously, he thought that at some way one of the girls would do something to check his body temperature but he did not expect it to be Soojin.