The Family's Choice

To Y/N, seeing Shuhua there was one thing, but with her seated next to his mother was definitely on a whole new level. Everything felt like things had come full circle for the both of them, although Shuhua was the one to surprise him both at the dorm and now at the house.

“It looks like you’re surprised by my visitor, Y/N,” Mrs Kim said as she found herself amused on the expression on Y/N’s face.

“Hello oppa,” Shuhua said smiling towards him and dropping a piece of the food she was eating back on the table in the process. “Oops, I’m sorry.”

Y/N opened his mouth to speak only to find himself solely lost for words with the sight.

“Well, before you’ll say anything, I’ll answer the most obvious question plastered on your face. I invited Shuhua here after receiving news from your dad that he cancelled the promotions for the dorm renovation. I reckon there would be a lot of time before your flights in the next days so I invited Shuhua here to join us for dinner,” finished Mrs Kim.

“Eomma,” Y/N began as he felt his ability to speak become functional once more. “Don’t you think it’s weird if someone else would know that Shuhua’s on her manager’s house? If this comes out to the girls or even the press, the company could be in trouble…”

“Aww, my dearest Y/N,” said Mrs Kim as she stood up before hugging her son. “You were always the responsible type, but please let me take control of the situation for now. I invited Ms Shuhua here because I miss talking to her, so now don’t be a manager, instead be her friend. If you want, you can be more than that”

“Eomma…!”

She then separated from the hug and stared at him eye to eye while cupping his cheek. “I’m pretty sure you haven’t eaten yet. Why don’t you join Shuhua and me at the table? Your father’s going home in anytime soon.”

Oh shit, don’t tell me even dad knows about Shuhua being here?

Y/N awkwardly took the seat next to Shuhua, with Idle’s maknae impressively flexing her visuals against him with a serve of a very wide smile, something that obviously caused him to blush. Despite being her manager and living with the rest of her band mates for almost a year, somehow this little encounter awakened a sleeping awkwardness inside him; something her never thought still existed after staying with them for a month.

 Despite being her manager and living with the rest of her band mates for almost a year, somehow this little encounter awakened a sleeping awkwardness inside him; something her never thought still existed after staying with them for a month

“Eomma, why does oppa look like the one who is the visitor?” Shuhua teased. “Look at him; I never saw him so awkward like that since we first met.”

Oh right she does call mom by ‘eomma’. At this point, I can already assume that they’re already close. Well, very close for that matter, oh my God.

“Sorry, it’s just … I’m still surprised,” Y/N explained. “I tried phoning you ahead but you weren’t answering, eomma.”

“Oh yes about that, Shuhua and I are exchanging stories. We’re supposed to wait for you but then you took so long going home,” said Mrs Kim.”