Visible Regrets

“Can you sum your story up with all the important details please?” asked the officer towards Y/N, who just woke up about an hour ago after falling unconscious

“Okay it went like this, sir: I was with Yuqi when I saw that this guy was following us from the supermarket where we shopped. I suggested to Yuqi that we should detour on this coffee shop, and if the guy follows us I’m sure he was indeed stalking her. With my suspicions confirmed, I thought of a plan to catch the stalker right in the act and that plan involved Yuqi. So, we did as I planned, which actually went perfectly well until the guy brought out a knife. My plan was to get concrete evidence from him to completely incarcerate him with his own words dealing the blow against him. I recorded the words from his mouth and I have it on my phone. You’ll also find a similar recording on the man’s phone.”

“So, let me get this straight. You engaged an armed civilian on your own while threatening the life of an Idol which, by the way, could’ve been prevented if you simply reported to the police right away,” the police man replied.

“Look, officer, I need an evidence to prove that he was a stalker and I successfully provided you that. Granted, I know it looks stupid when you put it up that way but please officer. An Idol is in trouble and I did what I thought was right and there you have him. I was into the moment; had I thought better I would surely not do that. Every fight or flight instinct in my body said ‘fight’ when I saw that knife.”

“How brave, son. Are you her bodyguard?”

“No, officer”

“Boyfriend?”

Y/N felt my ears go hot and turn tomato red.

“I-I’m her manager.”

The officer knit his eyebrows together.

“Aren’t you a bit… young?”

“Officer that’s not the point; the thing is I suggest that you look into the stalker’s phone. You’ll see everything you need to see there. I’ve given my statement already and I think that’s all you need to know about it.”

“Okay then,” said the police officer, closing his clipboard and fixing his uniform. “Thank you for your cooperation. We will update your agency regarding this case and if we still need more information from you. Please take care of yourself and get well soon.”

The man bowed, of which Y/N returned with a nod. He was sitting on the bed of a private room at Haesung Hospital, which was the nearest hospital from the coffee shop and the alley. Now that the police interrogation was finished, he was quite sure of what would follow next.

“Y/N, how are you feeling?” asked a slim, bespectacled and dressed Korean woman, professionalism radiating from her very presence. Manager Lee entered the room with a very concerned look on her face and her hand clasped on her hand phone.