Glass and Sky

Y/N pursued Soojin right after exiting the dance room. Although often catching up to her; she would most noticeably increase the pace as she ran through the flight of stairs back to the dorm once he was almost close to her. It was perhaps her constant exercise as a trainee that gave her stupendous amounts of stamina as Y/N was barely able to keep up with her despite trying his best to chase her as fast as he could. In that pace, Soojin was easily able to rush towards the dorm way before Y/N. After a series of huffing and walking up the seemingly endless flurry of staircases, he had now reached the long hallway towards the dorm.

He stood on the other door of the dorm, sweating and attempting to catch his breath as he began to click on the door lock. Soojin was surely inside, but then he had a hunch that for some reason she won’t let him in. In fact, he somehow thought that maybe Soojin wasn’t even instructed by Soyeon to go ahead at the dorm. It wasn’t that hard to believe considering it wasn’t the first time she did a similar thing just to be alone with him.

But then again, maybe she also genuinely wanted to talk to him about things. They never really settled the score on what they really were despite sharing a lot of private and intimate moments that only existed between the both of them.

“Soojin…?” Y/N said as he knocked on the door. “Can you open up? I don’t have my key card.”

No response.

“Soojin, are you in there?”

“Yes oppa,” replied a soft voice. It was barely inaudible probably due to the thickness of the door, but he was damn sure that it was definitely her voice.

“Are you still angry? We can talk this out. I’m really sorry,” he begged.

No response.

“Soojin please… I didn’t mean to…”

The both of them were silent for a few minutes, to the point where Y/N finally recovered his breath and was no longer huffing albeit still showing visible signs of sweating. It was then did he start to hear small beeps followed by a series of clicking metal from the door, signifying that Soojin finally elected to open it. Y/N then immediately grabbed the knob and pushed the door open slowly.

He was surely expecting Soojin to be extremely sulky towards him now that they both were alone on the dorm and braced himself for the flurry of emotions, but upon opening the door it was her back that greeted him. Soojin was walking away from the direction of the door, from where Y/N was clearly standing on, and went towards the ornaments below the television and began to pick some up.

“You’re sorting the items?”

“Soyeon told me to do so. The flight is in a few days’ time so we better clear the dorm immediately before heading off.”

She spoke in a tone that was very foreign towards Y/N. Ever since he met Soojin; she always had this calm, shy yet determined tone. Now, she was speaking rather plainly. It was simple: unenthusiastic and lifeless as if she lost every deal of interest to talk to her manager. She seemed to notice how quiet they both have been, and began to turn towards her.

“You’re just going to stand there ?” she said.

“What? No! Of course I’ll help. I’m sorry,” He replied rather dumbfounded by her statement before rushing towards the nearest desk to check on what items to sort.

---

Y/N volunteered himself to lift the few boxes that were used to store the items being transferred. He also took care of some of the furniture while Soojin elected to do the little ornaments. At this point, they pretty much have cleared the living room of what was the majority of the decorations, with the only remaining stuff to be removed were the heavy furniture and appliances such as the couches, the glass table, the wooden rack and the large television. He figured it would take a lot of effort that would surely make things difficult for him and Soojin if they chose to remove those and elected to leave it for the haulers.