Chapter 1: The Encounter

Hey guys before the story starts I just want to say that this is my first fanfic. Also the first chapter of the beginning may be dragging. I know that not everyone will like this story but please try to reconsider and read the first chapter. Please be patient with my story progression if its dragging so much its my first time writing fanfictions (I am noob). Thank you and please enjoy.

⚠️ WARNING*: I SUGGEST READERS BEFORE STARTING THIS STORY WATCH ONE PIECE AT LEAST UP TO THE END OF DRESSROSA ARC (EP 746). THERE WILL BE SOME MAJOR SPOILERS IN THIS STORY.

________________________________________________________________________________

Reader POV

Bang! As I see my mom collapse on the ground. Blood spews out from her back. She tries to speak to me "Run (y/n) run! You must live (y/n) get help. Mommy will follow you..." Even if she said to run, I couldn't. Seeing her coughing up blood in front of my eyes I couldn't. Fire was engulfing every house and the screams of desperate people incoherently echoed across the street as every one of people died in the streets.

"Hey there she is! Capture her!" As I hear two men shouting to murder me and my mom. As I grasp onto my mom's garments, having a tug war, displacing my mom's body slowly to an undefined safe destination. But it was no use. When I was about to tense up my muscles to drag her up again she grasped onto my trembling hands. She seemed to mutter something so I leaned closer to her. My ears were a few inches apart from mom's mouth. She spoke "Please Run (y/n) save yourself." Then the last thing I had noticed before running away was the death of my mom in my hands. As if she coughed up the last droplets of remaining blood in her body she shivered and her heart stopped. Tears utterly flowed out of my eyes down to my cheeks. A tall man approached me holding a weapon trying to stab me to death with blood thirsty eyes. I didn't know who it was. I couldn't see his face, however, one thing I knew was that I had to RUN...

I tightened up my hands grasping to my scarf and moved my legs and ran to the surface of a wild grassy field, where I used to play with my friend. In desperate hope I was able to find our secret base, an underground base which contained old ruins of Ohara. As I rushed towards the underground basement I hid myself in an empty barrel. My legs were bruised with painful cuts and scars... and then in a second my vision faded away and failed. I lost consciousness helplessly curled up inside an empty wine barrel.

Soon enough I woke up. I cried, no hope was left for me. I stayed inside sobbing into tears until I was tired and fell asleep. When I woke up again the barrel was rumbling inside as if someone was carrying it. I covered my mouth and patiently listened to what was going on outside.

The footsteps of many people, kids running around laughing, and the loud noise of adults murmuring. I was in the middle of an unknown village. I patiently waited until the barrel had stopped moving it seemed as if they had put the barrel on the ground. The sounds faded. Slam! I heard the doors shut. I then leaned over to the right side of the barrel causing it to fall and escaped out quietly. I was in a storage room. Nowhere to escape I had no choice but to sneak out of the storage front door.

As soon as I opened it people were all looking at me, surprised. "Uhh, did someone bring a kid from Bluestone island (this island is made up by me this is not one of the actual one piece islands in East Blue) or is this some kind of magic?" An old man who seemed to be the village's mayor questioned.

"Huh?! What?!" one of the merchants said.

"Isn't that storage full of goods we had imported from the Bluestone kingdom?" Old man spoke.

"Well, yes but how come there's a kid inside the storage? I checked it."

People were whispering, and seemed to be talking about this mysterious child, me. "Uhh... well I'm from Ohara island. I desperately ran away from the second buster call incident (Ohara never had buster call the second time I just wanted the reader to be from Ohara island but same age as luffy. What I mean by this is that buster call happened 22 years ago and it doesn't make sense if the reader experienced this crisis and being the same age as luffy). I hid in a barrel. Please let me live here." I was very desperate this was my only hope.