Chapter 20

Jason

"So what do you think?"

"Huh?"

"Were you even listening?"

I rub my face then look at her.

"If I'm being honest no."

I'm so pissed at Rosetta but cant help but feel sad and lonely without her. I honestly miss her even though shes being a bitch about this whole situation. She just ran off and no one can find her. What the hell.

"Jason..."

"What?"

"I get that you miss Rose and you wanna choose her but could you at least give me a shot? I'm not all that bad. Maybe if you got to know me...you might actually like me?"

I huff then look into her sorry eyes.

"You have a week and a half left with me. Maybe next time don't waste my time."

I get up and walk out of the nail salon. Hunter hasn't talked to me in awhile. Maybe it's time to go on a run. I transform then run deep in the wood. Till I see the little pond I last saw Rose. Hunter whimpers but I shush him. We lay down and close our eyes searching for Roses sent. Just to feel comfort.

Diego

I feel like this is all my fault. Maybe if I would've kept traveling without stopping this wouldn't have happened. I should go. I slip on some basketball shorts then call over Chris, Leo, and Randy  over.

"Yeah boss?"

I laugh at Randy.

"Don't have to call me boss. You're like a brother."

Randy pushes back his long black hair and sits down at the table along with Leo and Chris. Chris ruffles Leos blonde hair then Leo feels Chris face.

"You finally shaved that ugly beard."

"Shut up!"

I growl low trying to get there attention.

"Guys listen up. I'm leaving. I want the girls and my brother to stay. I also need one of you guys to stay. To watch over them. Then the other two guys will come with me."

"Take me and Leo. Chris can watch after them. After all he is a grown ass man."

"I guess you're right. I figured it would play out this way."

I fist bump them all before going to the fridge. 

"You're not leaving without us. Especially without me."

I turn around to see Logan. He stands there looking adorable in his bat man onesie. His curly brown hair piled on top of his head. His brown eyes look deep into mine.

"Please don't leave me."

His eyes fill with tears and I hug him tight.

"You're all I have left...mom and dad are gone...you promised that you'll always be here for me no matter what. I need you. You're the only one who understands me. After that night..."

"Shhh Shhh, its ok."

He cries into my arms. I pull him closer. He's right. 

"Yo Chris, Leo, and Randy."

"Yes?"

"All of you stay. I'm gonna leave with Logan."

"What why-"

"Its for the best."

I pick up Logan then head upstairs. I sit him on the bed before packing all of our clothes. As much stuff as we can take.

"Where are we gonna go?"

I throw him an apple.

"Where Moon Goddess takes us."

Jason

I watch as Diego leaves with his little brother Logan. Where are they going?

"HEY!"

They stop and look at me.

"Yeah?"

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from here."

He sets down his little brother and Logans brown eyes lock with mine. 

"Yo bro I'm sorry about this whole Rose situation. You had her first. You should be with her. I'm sorry I messed things up. Yes I love her and I know you do but I don't wanna be in this kinda drama. Also I rather not fight you to death. Haha"

We both laugh at the ending.

"Besides that I just don't feel like this is the right place to be."

"You seem like a pretty cool dude. If we weren't after the same girl I feel like we could be good friends. I wish you the best of luck though. If you ask me I think you should stay at my place for just 2 days before leaving. you haven't gotten the whole experience of this town yet."

"You sure?"

"Definitely."

We do a handshake and talk all the way back to my place.

Rose

I smile in the mirror.

"Wow. I look...amazing."

The silver dress flows as if air is under me. Showing off the sliver heels. My hair is in a upsweep. Letting the silver hoops shine. She touches up my make up by putting on a little bit more mascara and red lipstick.

"You're perfect!"

I look at her confused.

"So you're actually THE moon goddess?"

"Yes I am."

"What are you doing down here?"

"I'm getting pretty old. I'll need someone to take over my duties."

"Wh-"

"You, you dumb ass."

"Oh, what are the duties?"

"Watch over all the wolves, grant wishes, shine the brightest during full moons, oh and during blood moons you give the vampires strength and watch over the bad ones. Half moons are for the witches.Cant forget that you will make the mates for the werewolves. You can live on earth but once in a while go to the moon to make sure things are going well. If you do want to become the moon goddess you be able to have both of your mates without fighting too death but if you decline they'll have to."

"So you made this whole thing since we were born just so you can have someone take your place?"

"And for entertainment. It was fun acting all creepy and secretive."

"But why us?"

"Because this is your destiny."

She starts floating in the air..

"YOU ROSETTA LANTTE FLEETWOOD, DO YOU TAKE THIS CHANCE NO, HONOR TO BECOME THE NEW MOON GODDESS AND RULE OVER THE MOON AND THE MYSTICAL CREATURES ON THIS EARTH?"

"I do."

"NOW AS THE CURRENT MOON GODDESS I PASS MY POWER ONTO YOU."

Her eyes roll back and turn silver. A flash of light blinds me and I open my eyes again to see her as a statue next to a ton of other statues. The pass moon goddesses...does that make me the new moon goddess now?