New Positions

It was now the end of the week, and the women were supposed to meet in the conference room with their bosses. They all walked in and found Aubrey and Chloe already waiting inside. This time, Beca arrived on time surprisingly, it was the big day after all. 

"Wow, am I seeing this right? Beca Mitchell arrived on time?!" the redhead said faking to be impressed. 

"No need to act all surprised and shit." the brunette let out. 

"Watch who you are speaking to with that tone." Aubrey claimed giving her a death glare.

"Oh no, poor little ginger. Can't protect herself, so her friend has to step in." Beca continued. She was about to punch the shit out of Aubrey. 

"Ignore her. It's not worth it. Plus I bet John does not want to see a dead body." Chloe said as she held Aubrey's arm stopping her from punching the brunette. She then glared at Beca. The other woman gulped as she heard the word 'dead'. Was Aubrey that strong to kill her on the spot? She could not help but wonder. Nevertheless, she would not want to be in that position ever again because who knew what Aubrey Posen was capable of. 

Their little heated moment got interrupted by John opening the door and gesturing them to take a seat. He walked back to his desk before speaking up. 

"Alright ladies, we got good news for you. All of you did an amazing job these recent days. For that, you will all be part of our agency." John announced.

Hearing that news, Chloe could not help but raise an eyebrow at the man. 

"Are you joking?" the redhead glared at the man that was in charge.

"No. I am being serious. Why, Agent Beale?" he looked at her confused.

Aubrey tried to calm Chloe down before it was too late but failed. 

"Because she is a threat to our agency!" she shouted pointing at Beca.

"Don't be so obstinate. She is a good asset to our agency. If this is so difficult for you to accept, I suggest you send your resignation and leave." John added leaving Chloe speechless. 

The girls stared in silence at the little fight that was going on. Beca, on the other side, could not help but smile. "Revenge, bitch." she thought to herself. 

"Now, as I was saying." he continued. "We have assigned each of you different roles based on the skills you showed throughout the week."

"Ashley and Jessica you will be Collection Management Officers. You will be in charge of collecting foreign intelligence and manage the dialogue between the US and the DO. Don't worry, you will be introduced to it in the following week." John explained.

"Lilly and Flo will be our Directorate of Operations Language Officers. You will use your advanced foreign language skills combined with cultural experience to support our DO clandestine operations." Gail added.

"Next one is Operation Officer. Cynthia-Rose and Stacie will be assigned to this position. You will focus on clandestinely spotting, assessing, developing, recruiting, and handling non-US citizens with access to foreign intelligence vital to national security decision-makers." John stated.

"Emily will be our Staff Operations Officer. You will provide clear guidance for the agents on the field, walking them through the objectives and helping them in their missions." Gail read off.

"Fat Amy and Beca will be the Targeting Officers. You will identify the people, relationships, and organizations that might try to sabotage us. You are basically the ones working in the fields. This job is very dangerous, but working with Agent Posen and Agent Beale should keep you somewhat safe." John continued.

"Agent Beale, as you can see, we did not place Ms. Mitchell in the technology field. This way, such a scandal will not happen again." he said looking at Chloe who just closed her eyes and let out a sigh. 

"Speaking of which, Mitchell will work with Agent Beale in their first field assignment today." Jesse affirmed. 

"With that said, everybody is dismissed except for Agent Beale and Agent Mitchell. Glad to have y'all on our team." John smiled.

Aubrey gave a quick pat on Chloe's shoulder before heading out with the others. 

"It's a simple snatch and grab. This guy, Gaston, is not so smart." Jesse explained handing the two women a small folder containing a picture of the target. 

"He has a small nuclear chemical in his basement. If activated, he could affect people living in this city, and the ones nearby. We must stop him." Jesse continued.

"So what's the plan exactly?" Chloe asked. 

"Simple. You will have to take the nuclear chemical and bring it back to the Headquarter. Be careful while handling it. If the box is damaged, it could activate the chemical. At the same time, it seems that he contains some data regarding the chemical on his computer upstairs. Priority number one: get the chemical. Second objective: retrieve the computer so our officers can analyze it. His mansion, over here, has bodyguards guarding every entrance both front and back. Do your best to get inside without killing anybody. However, if they see your faces, you may kill them." Jesse explained.

"Do we keep Gaston alive?" Chloe asked.

"You will be going to his mansion when he is not there. However, if spotted, keep him alive. He is not our target. He might lead us to other severe cases." Jesse continued.

"But if he sees our faces, we bring him back to the Headquarter?" Chloe questioned.

"Precisely." Jesse nodded. 

"Good luck. This should be quick and easy for the two of you." he added before leaving the room.

The two quickly stopped by the vault room to collect some weapons. 

"Get a pistol, pepper spray and sleeping gas." Chloe suggested.

"I'm sorry for what happened bef-" Beca got cut off by the redhead.

"That's not our priority right now." the redhead trailed off. She seemed very annoyed with the other woman.

"Got it. What about you, what do you get?" Beca questioned.

"I will get a shotgun and an ultraviolet laser." the redhead replied.

"Does that even work?" Beca shrugged. 

"Of course it does. Otherwise, I would not have picked it. It can immobilize living targets." Chloe explained. 

"So what vehicle are we taking?" Beca asked.

"The Mercedez." Chloe replied as they walked down into the parking lot. 

"Wow, that's a fancy car." Beca stood there for a moment admiring it.

"Are you planning to come or are you just going to stand there?" the redhead asked.

"Coming!" the brunette replied entering the car. 

Chloe drove following the GPS to the targeted mansion. Once they reached the back of the house, they slowly snuck their way inside it. They hid behind a bush as they saw a bodyguard controlling the back door.

"Time to test out the laser." Beca teased.

Chloe did not hesitate to point it directly on the man's head causing him to collapse on the floor. 

"It really does work." the brunette said in excitement. 

"Help me up." Chloe commanded as she tried to lift up the man. 

They placed the man closer to the trashcans, that way nobody would notice him. Chloe slowly opened the door and peeked inside. There was a man standing in the kitchen with his back to them, and another one at the bottom of the staircase. 

"You take the kitchen while I take the staircase." the redhead pointed and Beca nodded as she grabbed her spray. 

They easily knocked out the two guards as they sneakily reunited at the bottom of the stairs.