Bar

The two women finally arrived at the destination. Chloe suggested Beca to get out and wait for her outside the bar, while she was going to find a parking spot. Once found, she put in some coins in the machine and walked in the direction of the bar. 

Beca finally sees the redhead walking from across the street. The two entered the bar.

"I asked the others when we came here, so I am going to ask you too. What's your drink?" Beca slid into a stool next to the redhead.

"I don't have one, I don't drink much. Because I am professional, unlike somebody else." Chloe teased.

"You gotta have some fun too outside of work. C'mon, don't be so obstinate." Beca replied.

The waitress approached the two girls.

"Hey, Kimmy Jin! Two vodka martini." Beca called out to the tall Asian girl. 

"Beca! I see you brought your date this time." Kimmy Jin teased. 

"No, I am not her date." Chloe glared at Beca.

"New co-worker." the brunette explained.

Kimmy Jin came back not soon after with the two drinks. 

"Oh, hey, could you bring a malibu pitcher over maybe?" Beca asked.

Kimmy Jin headed back to the bar to make the requested pitcher.

"I thought it was just one drink." the redhead frowned. 

"Have some fun, c'mon." Beca teased.

"Dates? You often come here with dates?" Chloe could not help but wonder.

"Is somebody jealous?" the brunette smirked.

"I am so not jelly." the redhead scoffed.

"But yeah, to answer your question. I am a one-night stand girl. That's my thing. I don't just straight up date, maybe because I have not found the one yet." she explained.

"Interesting." Chloe replied. "So, you like both girls and boys? Since the waitress said... you know..." she continued.

"I only like girls." Beca replied. She paused for a moment, "Anyways, what about you? I would assume you are married." she said pointing at the ring.

"Oh. That's a... It does not matter. I am definitely not married, and I am fine being single." the other woman let out.

"Come on, Beale. We are partners, we have to be open to one another." Beca said with pleading eyes hoping the girl would give in and explain. It was driving her crazy, she wanted to know so much about her. At least, she was able to find out that the other woman was single, and that caused a spark to light up in her chest. 

"Fine... I will tell you." the redhead sighed as she looked up at Beca. Now, the brunette composed herself. "Well... it's my mother's ring." she continued.

Beca just looked at the other woman, as she started to evolve a sensation of extreme pity. She did not speak a word because she wanted to hear more.

"She died a couple of years ago... c-cancer. None of it matters, not to you. I always wear this ring because it makes me feel somewhat closer to her." she admitted. "It sounds silly, I sound like a psychopath." the redhead chuckled.

"I'm sorry to hear that. And no, you are definitely not a psycho." Beca reassured.

"So, since we are asking questions. Changing topic, what's your deal with the scandal?" Chloe asked.

"You really want to know?" the brunette leaned back.

"You are my partner after all. Better to find out the truth than not trusting you. Don't you think?" she said crossing her arms.