⭐️~Secrets~⭐️

(Mackenzie's POV)

Well over the last two months my moms company promoted me. I'm now a real estate agent! It makes really great money. It makes me happy because now Dar doesn't have to work as hard. He deserves a break.

Dar's birthday is in a few days. I have something really special planned. I can't wait. I headed to work to see my mom and my best friend Zoey. Zoey was really close to me.

I worked through the day and basically ran home. I came in to see Sodapop crying. I ran over next to him on the couch.
"Sodapop, what's wrong?" I asked as he sniffled and moved into a hug.
"I-I can't t-tell you." He just cried a little harder. I rubbed his back until he calmed down. He wiped his tears and kissed the top of my head. More in a sibling way.

"You okay?" He nodded and went to his room giving me a faint smile. I just sat and thought. It must've been about an hour because Darry was home and he looked mad.

"Hey sunshine how was work?" I asked and gave him a smile. Whenever he's angry I smile to let him know it'll be okay. He came over and hugged me. "I missed you." I kissed his cheek.
"I missed you more cutie." He kissed my head. "I gotta talk to Soda okay?" I nodded.
"He was crying earlier..." I thought Darry should know. He nodded and walked towards the room.

I heard them talking and Soda stormed out of the room. He came up to me and he looked like he was about to cry again. "Mack! We gotta talk." I nodded.

Darry came storming in. "Stop Soda don't say anything!" Soda just looked down and shook his head.
"I have to Darry." Darry came and sat next to him on the couch.
"Little Buddy, you got it wrong. Can we finish talking first?" He tried sounding calm but I could tell he wasn't.
"No." Soda stated simply. "Mack..." Darry shot him a look.
"Soda stop you have it wrong." Darry demanded.
"NO DAR! I know what I saw." He yelled back.

"You're wrong Sodapop." He argued back. They argued over each other for a while.
"WOULD SOMEONE JUST TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG ALREADY!" I yelled. I was done listening to it. I think I scared them. I never yell...

"Let me explain." Darry said. I was so confused. Soda came up and they started talking about this thing. I wish I knew.

"SHUT IT SODAPOP! YOU DON'T KNOW!" Darry yelled at him. Darry never yells at Soda either. Soda stormed over to me.

"DARRY CHEATED ON YOU!" I felt the walls crash down around me. I suddenly wish I didn't know.