Reunions and Revelations

Only a day west of Weston is where are story will take place.  I was sitting on a log at a makeshift camp my group discovered. It really couldn't even be called a camp since we only had few supplies that we scavenged for. Our shelter where tree limbs tied together from strips of my dress that I willingly  sacrificed

 The hoots of owls and other creatures couldn't  distract me from the images that kept going through my head. Flames and death were still vivid in my brain as I relived my home being destroyed.  The screams of dancers and festival goers being taken by surprise in my foresight. And the worse part of this was my mother and sister were the ones responsible for this occurring.  

Ella and Mel were nasty but to turn traitors wasn't something I could predict. The Princess Festival was a massive event for Weston and the witches in the area. A chance for a prince to choose a woman to make his wife was any girl's dream but mine. I wasn't looking forward to the festival until the day I met King Jacob of Polla. He was in our village wanting to discuss something about the crops with my father. 

On that day Jacob proposed marriage and my family's hatred of me began. I should have known something like this was going to happen.  Ella wasn't what you call motherlike towards me and she basically disowned me on the spot after that day. And once she found out my friends Sarah and Laura got picked by the other royals Ella went feral.  Attacking Laura with her weather magic almost killing the girl if my friend Rachel didn't step in. I should have recognized the signs from earlier when my mother was being led away by guards. I felt something in my gut but I ignored it. 

Sitting down by the fire I built earlier was the only thing keeping me sane. The heat from the flames is refreshing especially with the chill of the night air. My green festival dress was soaked and dirty and the elegance of the outfit lost' its appeal long ago.

My red curls were coming back with a frenzy after a small dip in a stream, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to go back to Weston. I wanted to search for my friends Rachel and Laura  there, but I knew it  was impossible. It was a miracle my group escaped the Bulkans and Delianians invasion of Weston. The choice of leaving was hard especially knowing two of the hostages were my friends. I wasn't the only one feeling grief over our decision to depart though. Sarah one of my best friend sat next to me with dried tears on her puffy face.

She hasn't stop crying since we arrived, and her fiancé Prince Mark of Gallopia was at his wits end. And I couldn't blame them because of our situation. The Princess Festival was supposed to be an event for them to find wives from witches attending. It was easy for them since no woman can refuse an offer of marriage under the rules of  the festival. Mark having fallen in love with Sarah and I too found my own royal. King Jacob of Polla had a handsome and rigid look about him that  made me take notice of the king instantly. And until this day I think the man is insane to marry a seer with no great power. Rachel and Laura, they were the great  ones in my opinion. A deep pain lance through my heart thinking about them but kept my tears in for Sarah. Looking at the forest waiting for the men to return from gathering food. I wish I went with them instead of staying with Sarah in her depressive state. I was not a comforter like Rachel so staying with her wasn't a good idea. All I could do was sit silently making it uncomfortable as I barely held back my  own despair.

Running footsteps was a blessing as Jordan a seven-year old boy with too much energy came tumbling out of the woods. Behind him James the boy's fourteen-year-old cousin had his shirt filled with berries he was dropping everywhere. Looking at the two cousins their appearance was still eerie how they look so much alike. Both have deep chocolate brown skin and light amber eyes. And that wasn't all their facial structure was the same and you could tell when Jordan was older he will reach his cousin's height of six foot. Shaking my head, I had to focus on not looking at the two boys that reminded me of Rachel Jordan's older sister.