Choices and Fate

In the mayhem of everything water glowed in a nearby fountain. Shooting out like a snake I see Sarah crystalized the water turning it into ice. She hit both the remaining Walkers in their back. Once  they where down Laura was led over to Rachel by Louis.

Getting out of her way I let Laura care for our friend. Leaning over her Laura's hands glowed locating the cause of the injury. Streams of magic encumbered Rachel lessening her pain.. She was slump over barely conscious with Laura continuing her examination.

"She lost a lot of blood, but the damage can be healed." Laura concluded as I thanked the heavens Rachel would be fine. Laura ordered men over to us to lift Rachel when Matthew and Tim finally regained their balance. Sarah's attack must have been powerful because the oldest Walker stood with difficulty.

"You betrayed us ." Tim complained looking down at the false pardons. "Under the law of Perta you gave us your word to not punish us."

"Walker you held our women hostage and are known traitors," Louis scoffed at Tim griping. "And if you ever read those letters I never wrote my name." 

Looking at the letter Tim must have seen his error and yelled in fury." This isn't over" Lunging at Louis but someone interfered.

"I will not allow you to harm my friends again "shouted Sarah as she spread her arms wide. Water from the fountains in the streets surround Tim instantly engulfing him into a bubble . Sarah's eyes glowed adding more water making the bubble bigger. Frighten Tim fought to get out of her prison of water unsuccessfully. Staring at Sarah she looked strange as she had no remorse about drowning Tim. 

I glimpse to the right of Sarah and saw Matthew coming towards her. Sarah was preoccupied with Tim and didn't see the blade Matthew was wielding in his hands.

"Let go of my father"  he yelled coming towards  Sarah, but the girl didn't seem to hear him. I moved without thinking tackling Matthew with my body. In the scuffle the knife dropped from his hand. Scrambling I reached for the weapon only to find myself dragged back by my foot.

Feeling a sharp yank to my hair I found myself being thrown to the ground. My head hit the cobblestone street first and the weight of my body landed on my right arm. Feeling sick from my head I tried to pull myself up to sit but my arm was limp. Looking at it I see the bone in my elbow was broken. An intense pain throbbed through it, but I couldn't think about that now. Matthew must have gotten the knife and no telling what he will do with it.

Moving to stand I was dumbstruck to see Matthew trapped in a similar bubble like his father struggling. And speaking of Tim he floated limp in his own watery jail. Obviously, he ran out of air and soon will be dead.  Although he deserve a fate worst than that I couldn't let that happen especially by Sarah's hands.

"Sarah" I called to my friend snapping her out of her trance. "Let him go he isn't a threat anymore." Pointing to the man probably dying right now.

"He deserves this Andy." Sarah claimed with an unfeeling voice that shock me. This Sarah wasn't the same one I knew in Weston. That Sarah would take a beating from her father without lifting a finger to fight back.

"Sarah he isn't worth it" I tried again but she didn't agree. Shaking her head Sarah held firm and even turned to stare at me with tears in her eyes.

"He almost got away with everything Andy. Tim has to die and I will do the deed myself."  Sarah seethe. Hearing her reasoning  of why she wanted to kill the Walkers were just. They almost got pardons from every crime they committed. In that mindset I agree Tim and his sons needed death but not this way. There should be a trial, and Sarah cannot be the executioner it will haunt her forever.