Chapter 7

David's face was morphed. His cheek bones were extremely prominent, his eyes had a red ring around the outside with yellow-pinkish tone to the rest of the eyes and the pupils were so tiny. The fangs were intimidating as the thought of them ripping someone's flesh apart ran through my head.

I screamed and fell out of the tree. I quickly stood up and looked at the others. They all had the ungodly faces. They were all laughing, but Paul. Paul kept a straight face and couldn't look at me in the eyes.

The laughing stopped and screaming erupted. I turned my head to see the four tearing apart the party. Their teeth tearing into their victim's skin. The blood gave off a very distinctive smell. A very delicious smell. I started to shake, trying to resist. I couldn't resist anymore.

I pounced onto one of the men trying to run away. I bit into the man's neck. Blood ran straight into my mouth, curing my desire. I drained him clean. I killed an innocent man. A man who died full of fear. Why did I give in. To be apart of this 'group'? To satisfy my stomach? Who the hell knows.

"Now you know what we are, now you know what you are. You'll never die Zoë. But you must feed." David said wiping some blood off of this face. Paul slowly walked over to me. He placed his hand on the small of my back and guided me to the bikes.

****

"How?" I asked Paul as we laid on my bed, just discussing things. Paul sighed and turned on his side to face me.

"The wine you drank when we first met. That was David's blood. It turned you into a half vampire. But tonight, since you made your first kill, you're officially a full vampire." Paul said exaggerated with his hands. I sighed. So this was my life now. Forever young, never to go out in sunlight, to drink people's blood for a living. "It's almost sunrise. You need to rest." Paul said. He kissed me softly. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

****

     I stirred awake and looked around. Paul was sitting on the bed watching me intently. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Bad dream?" Paul asked as he moved a piece of hair behind my ears. I sighed and nodded.

"Wanna talk 'bout it?" He said sweetly. I smiled and chuckled a little bit.

"Nah. Instead what time is it?" I asked as I stretched.

"Probably around 7. It's kinda early so that's why the others aren't awake." Paul laughed.

"Where do you guys even sleep anyways?" I wondered out loud. Paul chuckled and stood up.

"Oh Zoë Hendricks, always has questions up her sleeve. We sleep in a sort of cave- in a cave." Paul laughed as he lit a joint. I rose an eyebrow but didn't want to get into it. "So what do you wanna do tonight?" He turned on his beloved stereo. Led Zeppelin was softly playing through the speakers.  

"I don't know. Maybe we can go see this concert. I kept seeing posters about it while we were out one of the nights before." I said getting off of the bed.

"That sounds cool. Then we can probably grab some food later?" He asked with a puppy dog look.

"That word is going to have to get some used to." I shuddered and heard Paul laugh softly.

Just then I heard a unnatural wind and saw Marko, Dwayne, and David fly through a hole and into the middle of the cave.

"What's the plan tonight guys?" Marko said punching Paul and I on the arms. I cackled as I punched him back.

"Boardwalk for a concert, then some food." Paul said tackling Marko. I laughed and watch the immature guys fight.

I walked back over to my bed and grabbed my duffle. I had some clothes that would last me 3 more days then I'll probably have go back to get the rest. Joy.

"Zoë! Let's get going!" Paul yelled from the entrance of the cave. I mentally swore and ran to meet him.

"Let's get this party started shall we?"