열여덟

Light seeped in through the window panes that caged the mall from the vast sky, snow gradually starting to pile atop the triangle shaped ceiling, clinging on to the ledges of the window panes so the piles wouldn't slide off.

The boys, used to the metropolitan view-scape, proceeded and interweave their group into the sea of people.

Minghao looked around at the variety of shops, he secretly admired how society built themselves up from the Nova. Although they tried to bury the trauma of the whole ordeal with shopping districts such as the ones he stood in, it showed how powerful the prospect of unity was.

"Okay, I'll trust you guys to go off on your own, pair up if you want- avoid your secret santa of course." Jeonghan addressed the bunch as quickly as he could, knowing that they were eager to go off on their own.

He fished into his fanny pack that was casually slung over his chest, pulling out 12 envelopes of cash that he had arranged last night, handing them out,

"Okay it is about 12 o'clock now, we can shop until 2, meet at the food court for lunch, then continue until 5."

The boys chorused in affirmation, pairing up and beginning to go their own ways.

Minghao looked around,

Jisung and Chenle immediately took off, being the renowned "chenji" duo that were practically inseparable; Wonwoo took off with Soonyoung, they were unspoken best friends, which was surprising at first since they had such divergent personalities, but Minghao learned that the fact actually strengthened their bond. Seungkwan also tagged along after the two. After a while everyone had their own pairing or grouping, and the fact suddenly settled in the pit of Minghao's stomach.

Of course he loved all his members, enjoyed the trainees company, but he wasn't exactly close with anyone. Despite joining this pack, he'd always considered himself a lone wolf. He has yet to genuinely open up to anyone, and that let all of his concerns boil in the pit of his consciousness, carrying a heavy load in his chest.

He confided to Jeonghan every once in a while, but Jeonghan had Joshua, and vice versa- he felt like he would be intruding on their friendship- they had been together the longest out of everyone.

"Minghao?"

Speak of the devil.

Quite ironic, because Jeonghan was virtually an angel, the denotation was his innate soothing voice, ethereal beauty, but in reality-

He swooped into their lives and picked them up from their lowest points, uniting them and leading them down a road of prosperity- together.

A true angel.

"Are you coming? I hope I'm not your secret santa, you can come with me and josh," Jeonghan grinned, pulling the slightly dazed boy along-

Minghao sported a strained smile to reassure the elder, trying to suppress the lump in his throat that had been germinating for years now.

"Jaemin yoU CANT BUY MINGHAO A DILDO GEEZ-"

The trio, Jaemin, Jeno, and Renjun oddly found themselves at the back of a Spencer's. they had been shopping for roughly an hour now, looking for the perfect gift for their secret santas.

Renjun's face flushed as he ripped the multi-colored dragon dildo from Jaemin's hands, earning a wine from the latter. Jeno watched the whole ordeal before him, amused.

"Whyyy~ We already know he's gay plus its pretty-" Jaemin whined, tugging at Renjun's sleeve.

Renjun rolled his eyes,