스물 넷

"Its still irks me at how Josh-hyung gets to sleep while we go scout,"

"Suck it up kid, its for my star gift-"

"Fuck your stargif-"

"LANGUAGE HAECHAN!"

And so Ursula Minor dispersed to their assigned stations:

Minghao and Soonyoung lead the scout team that consisted of Jeno, Jisung, Jaemin, and Haechan who insisted on tagging along since he wouldn't be out on the field during the main operation.

Wonwoo and Seungkwan stationed in the computer lab with Jeonghan, Chenle and Renjun working on logistics and sorting files and information on the conference table.

Joshua slept on the couch of the computer lab, his Stargift would be vital during the extraction so he needed to get as many hours of sleep he could catch to enhance its duration and power. He had already taken a sedative that was prescribed by Seungkwan, who was the group's self-proclaimed medic, claiming his 'degree' was the abundance of health magazines he read- and just like that, Joshua was fast asleep.

Jeonghan already picked up the gist of everyone's Stargift 'rituals,' which is what most Starborn do to enhance or power up their Stargifts before substantial use. This process was paramount for anyone who possessed a Stargift since the gift wasn't something you can automatically control at will.

The gift of the Aerglo Star was manifested into every single Starborn, rather than being a "genetic enhancement" at it was conventionally addressed as, its a living part of you deep in your soul.

It lives by its own will, having its own conscious along with individualized power- its like its apart of you but also its not- simultaneously.

If one's gift has ill-willed intentions, then you learn to tame it; if your gift values humanoid morality, then you work with it; if your gift is narcissistic and looks for self-preservation, then you negotiate with it,

Essentially, there is no one way to deal with one's Stargift, nonetheless use it.

And you can't ignore it, it is you- part of your consciousness that plagues your subconscious, your soul, your physical body,

so even if you push it out of your immediate thoughts- it still is there-

Always.

One has to create these rituals, which requires partaking in activities that your Stargift replenishes its energy from so it can lend you the full extent of its power-

otherwise it will, simply, not give you any power.

It will just reside in you like a parasite feeding off its host, in no distinguishable way, but undeniably, it will hurt.

Not being able to communicate or befriend your Stargift can result in living one hell of a life-

and in the most extreme cases, death.

Jeonghan would observe the little habitual tendencies the Starborn around him would participate in spirit of these mandatory 'rituals',

Renjun, for instance, needed an abundance of water- preferably warm, for some strange reason- to 'power' his Stargift. The more water he drinks, the stronger his ice is, and the quantity of production increases.

The other members usually kept their rituals secretive for the most part, which was respectable, since they were sacred.

Jeonghan, himself, had quite the odd ritual for his Stargift.