스물하나

Said trainee perked up from his slouching position on the couch, "Hyung?" He cocked his head in confusion.

Minghao sighed and grabbed the boy by his arm, dragging him off the couch, he heard he boy sputter behind him, perplexed and caught off guard.

"Its the tech lab, Wonwoo just breached our main target's software and he needs backup," Minghao elaborated, pushing him through the entrance of the lab.

Haechan stopped in his tracks, turning to face Minghao and placing both hands on the elder's shoulders.

"Look, with all due respect, I really don't know anything about this stuff besides the basics so I won't be much help..." The younger trailed of, a hint of embarrassment written across his features.

Minghao shook his head and sat the boy in front of a computer, spinning his chair to face Minghao that stood behind him, it was now the elder's turn to put his hands on his shoulders:

"Thats fine, your smart, I know you are. You can do this," he reassured the boy, looking him in his eye.

Haechan pursed his lips, a bit hesitant, but then he nodded turning around to the device and powering it on.

"Ok great pep talks but my hands are starting to cramp and I need some help here," Wonwoo was still glued to his screen, frantically typing away, raggedly breathing from piqued anxiety.

Minghao rolled to Wonwoo's side in his office chair, quickly reading over the information that his screen displayed. A few pop-ups piled atop the main coding screen, and Minghao knew exactly what to do.

"Ok, Haechan, I know this is a lot right now but I need you to switch seats with me and help Soonyoung and Seungkwan over the phone. Wonwoo I'll share our screens and i'll take care of the popups and you just worry about the main task at hand,"

The other two curtly nodded, Haechan switching seats with Minghao and putting the headset on. He was relieved, to say the least, because he knew more about the realm of leading missions in the software world as opposed to that of conventional coding (what Wonwoo and Minghao were doing). He had learned about these mission operations under Joshua and Wonwoo's instruction, so it was a skill that was quite developed.

Minghao saw Haechan getting to work out of his peripheral vision and let out a sigh or relief, the kid did know what he was doing.

He quickly hooked up a cable to the computer in front of him and connected it to Wonwoo's through USB adapter, quickly getting to work once he now shared Wonwoo's screen successfully.

All you could hear throughout the Tech lab was the sound of Haechan's voice and the tapping of keys against the keyboard.

Thought the duo were silent, Minghao and Wonwoo both had heightened nerves, nearly feeling lightheaded due to the anxious situation.

To quantize the magnitude of all this:

Wonwoo joined Ursula in mid 2016, Minghao not long after. Mid to late 2016 was when they finished their training. They started the project with 17th Circle soon after.

Meaning that it had been roughly 3 years, give or take.

3 years of work, 3 years of disappointment, 3 years of hope, 3 years of blood, sweat and tears-

All for that moment.

That moment solely reflected all of what they invested into tracking down 17th Circle's junior squadron interfaces.

It was nerve wracking...

Yet exhilarating.

{{Circle data info contact number: 77871632::}}