서른

Jeonghan and Renjun currently made their discourse through the west most wing of the base, remotely isolated from the rest of the operation.

The back up generators had cut on not more than 2 minutes ago, but the previous state didn't pose much of a problem for Jeonghan in the first place-

perks of his Stargift.

They currently trudged down a seemingly endless hallway, Jeonghans bare feet pattering and Renjuns combat boots tapping against the tiled floor in an alternating synchronization.

The walls were quite narrow and the hallway would often lead to cross paths and interweave around the building, to Jeonghan, this resembled an ant farm.

Who were they other than an infestation of parasites on this earth anyways?

The ceiling of the hallway only hovered about a foot above Jeonghan's head, on a brighter note, this compacted hallway assured that they weren't prone to ambushes.

Then again, if the path were to collapse in on them in some instance, that would spell the end for them.

Luckily, they were submerged underground, and Jeonghan doubted there was anything stationed directly above them.

On that note, the path they took started to adopt an upwards slope, meaning they were getting close.

Renjun was given the job to navigate through the labyrinth with the help of Wonwoo and his navigation system.

It was quite simple, the device led them towards the heat signals of the human body. That along with the fact that they had already took a full scan of the building beforehand.

It the far distance, Jeonghan could make out the glow of what seemed like a fingerprint scanner pad and a steel door,

The door could've practically shone by the way Jeonghan looked at it, walking a kilometer with bare feet definitely was not fun.

"Its right there..." Renjun stilled, his voice wavering and trailing off,

Jeonghan caught up to the younger, and sighed, rubbing his shoulders through the fabric of his bulletproof vest, "Just remember...remember all the training. Your more than what you think you are injunnie,"

Renjun stiffened at the pet name, Jeonghan's hands slid to the small of his back,

"Let's go,"

With a deep exhale, Renjun regained his composure and surged on, not long after, the two stood face to face with the steel door.

"Wonwoo, we made it to the entrance," Jeonghan huffed, pressing his in-ear,

"Renjun can use his ice to push out the door, Renjun?"

Renjun pressed his lips together behind his face mask, "I could just use the heat wand..."

"I know but you need to warm up kid, make sure to drink a lot of water,"

Renjun pulled down his mask, taking a swig of water, a smirk dancing on his lips, "Yeah, yeah I got it mom,"

"I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't for your Stargift, idiot." Wonwoo retorted promptly cutting the line after, obviously flustered,

Renjun chuckled and Jeonghan mustered a small smile, shaking his head.

He would be able to jest like that if it was any other instance, but the steel door that stood before him bore down the pressure of a million tons,

It was like the soft glow it radiated earlier turned to a sweltering sun.

The nerves we're getting to him this time-