Chapter 7

"Phil grab your shoes!" My mum called. A week of school had gone by, boring as usual. Tyler and I had been pulling off the whole 'couple thing' pretty well. It was now December 13th, and my family and I were going Christmas shopping.

"Okay mum!" I yelled back, pulling on my black converse and running outside to the car.

"Missing something, Philip?" My mum asked. I sighed and quickly ran back in the house to grab my jacket and ran back outside to the car. I sat in the back with my brother as we pulled out of the drive-way.

"Mum, who are we shopping for if we are all going?" My brother asked.

"Well, we are buying stuff for the Howell's since we are spending Christmas Eve there. We're getting stuff for your grandparents, and I'll probably sneak a couple presents for you two in there also."

"We're spending Christmas Eve at the Howell's? We always go to Aunt Holly's house for Christmas Eve!" I complained.

"I know, but this year Aunt Holly canceled the party since her husband just had surgery and is still on bed rest. But we will still have fun, and we aren't canceling our party on Christmas Day!" I nodded and sat back in my chair, staring out the window. Everything kept changing.

~*~

To: Daniel

What is stuff you want for Christmas?? We're shopping for your family

I texted Dan. He replied quickly.

From: Daniel

Jumpers

I was a little surprised but didn't really care and told my mum.

"Okay, go to the men's section and pick out three that you think he would like, and get them in a size you would wear. You two are about the same anyways." I nodded and walked over to the men's section and looked at the jumpers. I tried looking for stuff I knew Dan would like.

I saw a couple that looked interesting and that I would want for myself, but there wasn't many I thought would suit Dan. Firstly, all he wears is black all the time, and all these jumpers were colorful. Second, they were all covered in Santa and snowflakes, but he can't wear a Christmas jumper all year round. Third, nothing seemed appealing.

I decided to look on the clearance shelf, since sometimes they had good things there. I picked out three of the best jumpers.

One was a galaxy, with a purple and dark blue mix and white stars everywhere. The second was black with a little red pocket on the left side, and had a red collar line. The third was black with big white letters in the middle that read 'My Life Is Ironic', which I thought was something Dan would like, I guess. I went back over to where my mum was and placed the jumpers in the cart.

"Do you think Dan would want anything else?" I shrugged.

"Maybe candy or like, I dunno, a video game or something?"

"I know, you and Dan used to love that show! What's it called? Death Note? Why don't you get him that on DVD?" My mum suggested.

"That's a good idea, but he already has it." My mum nodded and placed more gifts in the cart.

"Okay, but can you please go get the new Call of Duty or whatever for Adrian? I asked Mrs. Howell and she said that is what we should get him." I nodded and walked over to the video game section and got the new Call of Duty, also grabbing the new Halo, knowing that was something Dan would like.

"Mum are we almost done?" Martyn complained as he returned with more things.

"I suppose so, but you boys need to go wait in the car. I have presents for you too and you can't see them as I check out." My mum handed Martyn the car keys and we left to go wait for them.