Chapter 14: Shed Antics

I knew that telling the team would be a struggle for Nishinoya and I, but we were two determined souls, ready to get yelled at by Tanaka and lectured by Sugamama and Dadchi about random, awkward things about young love and "using protection," Sorry, I meant Sugawara and Daichi.

but did we reeeally?

I held Noya's hand tightly as we entered the gym, the teams just starting to warm up. Our public affection caught the eyes of everyone in the gym. The boys groaned in protest, while Kiyoko and the other managers squealed in delight, knowing something must've gone down.

Nishinoya smiled pridefully, showing me off to the boys around him. Nobody saw this coming other than Noya's teammates.

"Noya! You finally did it!" Tanaka bubbled, eyeing my new locket with mine and Nishinoya's name on it.

Noya smiled toothily and nodded vigorously. "You bet, Tanaka, baby!" he sang in return. Tanaka ran towards Noya, picked him up and swung him around. I giggled at how small Nishinoya was, but I couldn't tease him, I was many centimetres shorter.

I ripped Tanaka off of my boyfriend and dragged Noya over to the rest of his team. Hinata started bouncing up and down and tackled me screaming about how happy he was for his senpai. The rest of the team tackled Noya down, congratulating him and expression how jealous they were.

After everyone finished freaking out, Nishinoya yelled about how they needed to warm up and get started. The day in terms of how volleyball went was good. Nishinoya had been working really hard on his back-row sets and they were getting better and better.

While I was watching Noya play, I couldn't help but completely swoon over how professional and serious he looked. He was just... so... utterly cool, you know?

I cheered for Noya every time he merely touched the ball, no matter if it was even a free or not.

Nishinoya was the best libero in the room, no question. He was actually the greatest libero I had ever really seen, but I didn't watch too much volleyball to begin with. Still, though, he was really good.

i lowkey wish our lib was as good at block revival as noya looks to be but hes a cartoon sooo idk

After the day was done, Noya and some of his other teammates stayed back to practice more while the managers and I prepared dinner. The boys came tumbling through the doors, eager to eat and go back to the courts or sleep.

I watched Nishinoya come through the door, smiling largely in my direction. He gathered his dinner foods and sat down. I gathered my own and sat down next to him.

"Hey, Noya," I greeted as I sat down.

Nishinoya leaned over, kissed my cheek, and pulled me closer to him by drawing his hand around my waist. My heartbeats increased drastically from his touch. I could hear his chest thumping loudly in return, though, so it made me feel a bit better.

I snuggled my head in the crook of Noya's neck, gathering some mock gag noises and "awwws" from the room. I traced my thumb along Nishinoya's jawline then up to his bottom lip, absolutely mesmerized by his God-like structure. I ended up giving him chills from my own touch along his face.

"This might sound kinda weird to you, [n/n], but I really want you right now," he purred extremely low in my ear. My eyes popped open and I straightened myself, squeezing Noya's thigh in surprise.

The table noticed he had said something to me and they stared wide-eyed for my next move, knowing Noya probably said something dirty. He did.

I twined my fingers between Noya's and whispered back to him, "Later, Yuu-senpai."