Chapter 22

Sophias POV

Wednesday night rolled around, tomorrow was Thanksgiving and since I couldn't be with Serena on the actual day, she was coming over for dinner tonight. 

I was still thinking of the encounter we had with Rachel earlier. I just didn't understand what she wanted with Jax. She obviously thought Serena was attractive which was understandable but I couldn't help thinking that maybe this Jax thing was just bull shit to get to Serena. 

I shook my head trying to force out my paranoid thoughts. The younger girl would be here any minute and I was more than excited to have her all to myself. 

There was a knock at the door and when I opened it I was met with not only Serena but Jax as well.

I was obviously taken back but quickly recovered, "Hi Jax so nice to see you, come in," I said gesturing inside.

Serena was looking at me with a guilty expression that I was trying to read. 

"Nice to see you too, thank you for having us," Jax said as we walked into the kitchen and I kept my eyes on Serena. 

"Of course, no trouble at all" I smiled at the man. 

"Serena could you do me a favor and come help me with something upstairs" she gave me a knowing look and nodded.

"Jax please make yourself at home," I said before grabbing Serena's arm and dragging her into my bedroom.

As soon as the door was closed I wasted no time in glaring at the girl, "What the fuck is going on" I was trying to keep calm so her brother couldn't hear us.

She looked at me apologetically and grabbed my hands, "I'm sorry everything just happened so fast I didn't have time to tell you, but there's something else you should know."

I gave her an annoyed look but motioned for her to continue. 

She laughed nervously before speaking, "Jax isn't the only one coming tonight" 

My eyebrow furrowed in confusion and my arms were crossed over my chest now.

"Rachel is coming too," she said glancing at her phone, "actually she should be here any minute"

I just stared at the girl in shock, "You couldn't have told me that before!" I whisper yelled. 

"I'm sorry it wasn't my idea!" she yelled back in the same hushed tone. 

There was a knock on the door then and my annoyance was growing. 

"Great," I said sarcastically, "this should be fun," I said as I walked out to open the door for my ex who I was apparently eating dinner with.  

Serenas POV

Sophia was pissed and I knew it. I don't blame her I kinda dropped a major bomb on her super last minute, but it wasn't my fault. I told Jax about how Rachel wanted to meet him and how she knew Sophia. He asked me if I was still going over for dinner tonight and when I said yes he insisted he and Rachel join. I was trapped I had no choice. 

I walked out of her bedroom and to the kitchen where I was greeted by Rachel, 

"Serena, looking good as always" I gave her a sarcastic smirk, 

"Rachel, wish I could say the same" even though that wasn't true considering she always looked nice. 

She just laughed and brought her attention to Jax, "shall we eat?" she said and everyone just nodded in unison.