Chapter Seven

The short girl refused to answer even though she literally gave the answer without realizing it; Sehun showed a victorious smile and could not wait to tell Kai how that conversation had gone and how easy it had been. When they arrived at the door of the company building, they both said goodbye to each other and went to each side where they had left their car parked to go home. Lucky for them that they went home later, Eireen didn't pick up any traffic and quickly got home. She put her suitcase and coat on the bedroom chair and let her body fall on the bed, staring at the ceiling for a few minutes as she let a small sigh escape between her mouth. Before she started to get lazy, the girl got out of bed to put on her pajamas and went back to her room, sitting cross-legged on the bed with the laptop in front of her; she ran her hands through her hair while checking some emails that colleagues had sent her to analyze until she eventually fell asleep. 

On the other side of town, Sehun had just arrived home where he was greeted with great euphoria by his little white fluffy dog and closed the door behind his back. Placing his briefcase on the sofa and hanging his coat on the hanger near the door, he rolled up his shirt sleeves and went to the kitchen where he took a small bag and put food in a bowl, placing it on the floor and calling his dog to go eat. He opened the fridge from which he took only a bottle of fresh water and before leaving the kitchen, he grabbed a piece of fruit and went to sit on the sofa, with one leg on the coffee table in front of him and with his mobile phone in his hand; he leaned his head back and shook it. Getting up again, taking things into the kitchen again, he started unbuttoning the buttons on his shirt as he walked to the bathroom to take a shower, to go watch series on his laptop until he fell asleep and called it a day.

———

The next morning, Eireen had woken up relatively early. She crawled out of bed while groaning and put her feet on the ground, walking to the bathroom to take a bath. The scalding water hit her skin and ran down her body, leaving her relaxed, she took a deep breath and since it was getting late, the girl had no time to stay in the bath in the comfort of that hot water for an hour; she closed the water and got out of the bath, wrapped her body in a white towel and went into the bedroom, opening the closet and taking off a dark red trouser suit and a white cropped sleeveless t-shirt. Dressing up quickly and grabbing her laptop and purse, the girl walked by the mirror giving a little fix in her hair and left home, walking to her car. She drove to the company and as soon as she passed the front doors and greeted some people she knew with a small smile and a nod. Eireen spotted Sehun and a boy standing in the lobby with their hands in their pockets talking to each other; Sehun seemed to be explaining something to the boy until he turned and his gaze locked onto Eireen's. With her eyes wide open, the girl starts walking fast to the elevator. Sehun dismisses the boy and accelerates the step to catch the girl who was forced to stop waiting for the elevator.  

"Good morning." Sehun greeted with a smirk. "Did you finally sleep more than two hours?"

"Morning." Eireen glances at Sehun and looked at the elevator door again. "I did, but I feel like I need three days or something."

"Or a month." 

"I like Christmas, I can't sleep all month." Eireen shrugged her shoulders as she sees the door opening, the people who were inside the elevator came out, and they both came in with three more people.

"Not like Azra would allow it anyway." Sehun said with his back against the wall, hands still in his pocket. 

"Right. I forgot that detail." She stated and sighed. She pressed the number 4 button. 

"Are you going home for Christmas?" 

"No." Eireen replied almost immediately. "I never go home for Christmas. What about you? Staying or leaving?"