Chapter Seventeen

In the morning, Sehun had gone to Eireen's office to talk about what the girl wanted to talk to him about the day before she laid her eyes on Charlotte and left quickly and a bit upset. The two of them were sitting, Eireen in her chair and Sehun in one of the two chairs the girl had in front of her. There was a huge tension between the two of them, but they both did their best to ignore it and be professional with each other. Eireen explained how she now supervises and validates group management control, planning, budgeting and reporting. And the problem was exactly in the budgets, how the group he had put in charge of one of the projects was exceeding the previously imposed budget and how he had to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. Sehun simply nodded his head to told her not to worry that he was going to resolve the situation and eventually get in touch with her. 

The rest of Sehun's afternoon was spent in his office looking at everything his colleagues did and how he would change things, keep the essence of the job and the main idea but not overshoot the budget or he would have Eireen back in his office with her arms crossed waiting for him to do something about it. After hours and hours around work and not knowing what to do, he throws his pen on the table, surrendering and letting his body fall back in his chair, groaning in frustration until his phone started vibrating. Sehun straightens up again and grabs his cell phone watching a message from Charlotte. 

"Don't forget what we agreed! I'll be at 6PM outside your company. X"

Sehun ignored the message and judged himself mentally to have given in and agreed to go out with her, but he was in a hurry and had no patience to put up with Charlotte and eventually agreed to shut her up. He also accepted to go in a mini hope that if he went this time, he wouldn't have to go again. Maybe he should thank Eireen for making him desperate for the project because it would actually give him too much trouble and keep him busy. The boy gets up from his chair and leaves the office, he needed a strong coffee more than anything at that very moment. 

Leaving the elevator and walking down the hall to the break room, Sehun meets Kai eating some cookies and with a mug in his hand leaning against the counter. Sehun shakes his head, calculating that it was the cookies Eireen had given him the day before, and shakes his head judging his friend by the strange adoration for the cookies the girl brought to work. Sehun took a stronger coffee capsule and a mug, positioned it under the machine and turned on the coffee machine. Kai just chewed, took a sip of his coffee and put the mug down on the counter. As soon as Sehun took his coffee, they both talked about the night before and how they had fun. Sehun said he had been with Eireen in the morning but it was completely professional and that now he has work and does not know how to solve the situation.

"Do you want help?" Kai asked staring at him. "We could get a drink later to clear our heads."

"It's okay, don't worry about it." Sehun said as he shook his hand in the air in a form of "don't worry about it.". "Actually I can't, unfortunately I said I'd go out with Charlotte today."

"Have you gone mad?" 

"She kept annoying me about it, the only way to make her shut up was accepting it." Sehun rolled his eyes showing he wasn't happy about it either but he didn't had an option. 

"How do you think Eireen will feel when she sees you with her?" Was the only thing Kai could ask his friend. "And don't give me the 'I don't care' talk. Lie to yourself all you want, but spare me."

"You talk like she has anything to do with what I do." Sehun answered and shrugged. "She doesn't care, Kai."

"The question was rhetorical, Sehun." Kai said while following Sehun and they both sat at a table. "She cares."

"I'm done going after her and getting absolutely nothing in return." 

"You guys should talk, you should listen to her instead of going out with Charlotte when you know perfectly well that it's going to hurt her." Kaiexplained trying to get his friend's attention. Sehun took a sip of his drink and rolled his eyes, sick of the same conversation. His pride was annoying. "And you're right and I agree, she's got nothing to do with it, but she's still gonna get hurt and you don't want that, do you?"