Chapter Thirteen

Kai and Azra had enjoyed a pleasant weekend, neither of them turned on their mobile phone once so they wouldn't be bothered with stupid or unnecessary phone calls. They just sent a text message to friends like Eireen, Sehun, Sungjin and Astrid wishing them a Merry Christmas. They had gone on Friday afternoon, which was a quieter day for the couple who stayed in their room all day enjoying the comfort of their bed and each other's arms. They had ordered room service where they ate something and quickly returned to bed from where they did not leave until the next day.On Saturday they decided to leave the room and go for a walk around the area, the city was painted white due to the snow which seemed to give another touch to the scenery and made it even more beautiful.  The couple walked through the streets, seeing several people both locals and tourists, large families with their children and animals just having a good time; they walked side by side, Kai with his arm over Azra's shoulders and his head leaning against the blonde's, the two saw some shops, went to a park nearby and when the weather started to get colder and some snowflakes started to fall, the two decided to look for a coffee shop.

They came close to a coffee shop, before they came in, and Kai took his arm off the blonde's shoulders, passing his hand in to his hair which made Azra laugh at his condition, she grabbed his wrists gently, lowering his arms and helping him, then passing her hands over his shoulders and also shaking the snow that he had on his coat. Kai looked down with a smile and as soon as Azra got away from him, she intertwined her fingers on his and they went into the cafe. The cafe had low, yellow lights, which transmitted a warm, comfortable feeling; the walls were white bricks and the chairs were black and wooden round tables, a giant chalkboard on one of the walls with a written menu and several plants spread around the room. The two of them went to the counter where Azra ordered a mint tea and Kai a coffee, so they grabbed their orders and went to sit at a table.

When they left the café, the couple decided to go back to their hotel room and enjoy it since on Sunday morning they are already back to Seoul. Since they had been around the city a lot and had done several things, they both enjoyed the rest of the night, after dinner, lying in bed watching series. Kai sitting on the bed with his back against the pillows and his head lying on the curve of Azra's neck that was positioned between his legs with her back against his chest, covered with the blanket and the laptop over her legs; until they fell asleep.

Christmas had passed and everyone was back for a few more good days' work, at least until the New Year's Eve party. Kai was walking down the halls of the company, with one hand in his trouser pocket, with a smile on his face, Christmas had gone well and there was really no one who could deny it; he went to the meeting room where he was going to have one and as soon as he entered the room he ran into Sehun sitting with a black shirt with sleeves rolled up with one elbow on the table while he was writing something in a small notebook and looked around seeing that Eireen hadn't shown up yet. He sat down in the free chair next to Sehun and the friend as soon as he felt someone present, took his head off what he was writing and looked at Kai sitting on the chair, crossing his legs and fixing his coat.

"Good Morning!" Kai said with a cheerful tone and a grin.

"Let me guess, you got laid?" Sehun asked without taking his eyes off the notebook. He put the pen down on the table and glanced at his friend who was in a good mood. "Is that why you're so annoyingly happy today?"

"I've other reasons." Kai replied and Sehun raised an eyebrow. "I see you're more cranky than usual. Christmas is over, Grinch."

"I didn't sleep much last night." Sehun said as he rolled his eyes. "Are you going to tell me what's up with all that happiness?"

"We'll talk when the meeting's over."

Stopping Sehun from answering his friend, Mr. Park enters the room with his secretary, Hyewon, at a fast pace.The girl quickly sits in her chair next to Mr. Park's while the director are still standing.  He looks around seeing only a free chair in the room and clears his throat announcing that they will then start the meeting and that Mrs. Jeon Sooyoung, who does the same thing as Eireen, will introduce Eireen's part, since she had been asked to go to an important place and did not give many more details, and sits in the chair. Kai looked at Sehun with his eyebrow raised and Sehun just shrugged as he looked at his friend with a face like "how am I supposed to know her she is"? The meeting started, those who had to talk had their turn, they discussed ideas and solutions, new projects.