Chapter Eleven

It was Christmas Eve. The days had passed, like the blink of an eye. Although Kai was surprised by the tension between Sehun and Eireen, he decided to stay out of it, just like Azra. Even though they were their friends, the couple preferred to stay out of it and not make it worse; they already knew them better than anyone and even though there was a chance that they would work it out... It would be because they both wanted to and not because they were forced. If there was one thing those two had in common, it was their stubbornness. Whatever anyone told the, they pretended they didn't listen or do the opposite; they hated to be contradicted and tell them what to do because for them, it in their heads, they know what they are doing and that everything is under control, when in fact it is not. They hate to show a weak side and have to ask for help so the couple, although they don't like to see them like that, decided to stay away and just keep talking to them and avoid touching the subject so as not to trigger.

It was 8AM and Kai had just got dressed, Azra was lying on the bed wrapped in the sheets, full of laziness. The man with black hair was walking back and forth between the bedroom and the bathroom, he was pressing the cufflinks on his white shirt when Azra looked at him and got up from bed. Feeling the cold wood on her feet, the blonde walked up to the Kai, she pressed her lips gently against his as he now pressed the buttons on the other sleeve and she decided to tie his tie. He smiled and lowered his arms waiting for her to finish. As soon as she tied the knot and straightened the collar of his shirt, Kai put his hands on the girl's waist, pulling it towards him and gluing their bodies together; he leaned forward slightly, giving her a kiss on the cheek and another on the lips, taking his hands from Azra's waist, the girl walked away from him, grabbing his black blazer and opening it, helping him to put it on. Looking at his wristwatch at a glance and seeing that it was better to get on the way, Kai grabbed his car keys, said goodbye to the girl with a kiss and left the house. The night before the couple had already packed a small bag with clothes to take, so Azra didn't have to worry about having to work or stress about still having to take care of the bag. The blonde went back to bed, considering it was early, and set an alarm for 12PM as she had planned to have lunch with Astrid before Kai came to pick her up.  Kai got in the car and made his way to his parents' house. It was a bit of a long trip, but it went well and smoothly.

Upon arriving at his parents' house, they greeted each other in a hug of great longing. Kai really missed the warmth and comfort of his mother's and father's arms, and only showed more and more how much it cost him to be in that situation with them and he just wanted to work things out. After the greetings, the three of them entered the house and sat in the living room talking and catching up. Kai tried his best to talk only about work and turn most of the conversation over to his parents to avoid touching Azra, at least in the beginning. He just had to find the courage to tell them that he was still with the blonde haired girl, that he wouldn't give up on her and that he only asked them to give him a chance because no one had ever made him as happy as she did.

———

On Christmas Eve, only a few workers stayed at the company and even then they stayed only until lunchtime before they were all dismissed to go home to their families to celebrate Christmas. However, Eireen had nothing to do, as she was going to spend the day alone, the girl decided to get up early, put on some clothes that were between the formal and comfortable line and left home going to work. She had some paperwork to do after Christmas, and might as well get as much ahead as she could. It was a way to help her pass the time and fill her head with other things.

The dark-haired girl took off her glasses at the entrance of the company and greeted the security guards and the two girls who were at the counter with a little smile on their faces. They all frowned, confused to see her there, but said hello back. She got into the elevator and went up to her floor to go to her office. She walked down the long corridors, not hearing a single noise; neither the wheels of the chair dragged, nor a printer working, and most of the lights in the offices were off. Opening the door of her office and leaving it open, since the company was practically deserted and would not hear any noise to bother her, the girl threw her purse over the small sofa she had in the room and put her sunglasses on her desk, letting her body fall straight into the chair. She turned on her computer and rested her elbows on the desk, rubbing her hands, waiting for the computer to turn on completely.