Allons-y

I was jittering with nervous excitement when I had finished packing my bags for our trip to France. My group had been texting me jealous messages and telling me I had to send them pictures of absolutely everything. Jack had found a moment to text me a couple times too, letting me know he was packing and he would meet me at the airport before security.

"How ya doin? Packed yet?" My mom called through my door.

"Working on it!" I called back.

"Silver?" my mom asked, knocking. Then I remembered the spell and opened the door with a smile.

"Working on it." I told her in a quieter voice. "What about you?"

"Almost. John should be here in a few minutes. Where are we meeting Jack? Does he need a ride to the airport?"

"His sister will probably drop him off. He said he wants to meet us before security." I told her.

* * *

I saw them speaking with their heads dipped low and close together. I wished I could have a picture of that moment as I approached and they both looked up at the same time with very similar expressions on their beautiful faces. I picked up the pace and trotted over to give Jack a hug with just my backpack on my back since we had already checked our luggage.

"Careful in security, your chakra will set off the buzzers if you don't hide it." April whispered to me as she hugged me too. I gave her a serious nod and was glad I had mastered that ability.

"I'm going to miss you, brother." April said to him, giving him one last hug. "Good luck." I heard her whisper in his ear almost too quietly for even me to hear.

"I'll miss you too, Avril." He told her with a peck on her cheek as they let go of each other.

"Are you Jack's sister?" My mom asked as she and Johnny joined us with smiles.

"Yes, I'm April."

"I'm Anna, and this is my boyfriend, John." My mom said with a bright smile, shaking April's outstretched hand. April had the cutest smile on her perfect lips and her outfit was so clean and perfectly fit to her petite body. I caught myself wishing I looked just like her and surveyed my comfortable, but grungy travelling attire. I wore overly baggy black cargo pants and a grey men's t-shirt with the Stark wolf sigil on it.

When April had left us smoothly, the four of us turned to security clutching our passports in our hands in anticipation. The lines were outrageous. I was glad we had gotten there three hours early.

When I joined Jack at the conveyor belt after the guy checked my passport, I couldn't suppress the anxiety that welled up in me. Jack looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I still feel your chakra." He murmured, probably at a volume too quietly for a human to hear.

"I'm just a little nervous." I smiled, trying to pretend it was nothing while I panicked inside and tried to suppress the heat that was still leaking from my core. I felt the temperature go down as I neared the metal detector as I gathered my chakra out of the air with effort.

"Oh, did it get cold in here all of a sudden?" my mom asked behind me as she and Johnny were placing their shoes and bags in the grey bins.

"Yeah, maybe the air conditioning kicked on." Johnny shrugged as I stepped through the rectangular frame with my breath held.

To my dismay, they had me step to the side and get frisked. Probably because of my baggy outfit. My mom and Johnny went through easily and I let go of my chakra quicker than I meant to. Suddenly, all the gates went off at the same time and Jack's eyebrows raised before I hurried over to him away from security and they went off when I was a good 20 feet away. I could feel Jack's chakra again as we went down to the gate through the wide open bright, crowded airport.