Chapter 6

Everyone stood in silence, waiting for someone, anyone, to say something. But no words were needed. Thomas charged at Gally and punched him square in the jaw. Gally fell to the ground and Thomas pinned him down. Everyone arose with shouts. Newt ran and grabbed Thomas' fist before he threw another blow.

"Stop! Stop it!" said Newt.

Thomas' eyes raged with anger. Gally had taken away one of his best friends.

"He killed Chuck." said Thomas. Trying to give Newt a reason for why it was OK to punch him.

"Yeah, I know. I remember. I was there too, all right?" responded Newt, trying to calm him down. "But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down. All right?"

Newt continued to hold Thomas' fist back. "Come on."

With that, Thomas pushed Newts hand away and stood up in a furry. Gally got up and fixed his jaw.

"Kind of had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?" he said.

'Why now, all of a sudden, does he own up to his sins?' thought Jamie

"Do you know this guy?" Jorge asked Frypan 

"He was an old friend." said Frypan, his voice still shaky with awe

"How?" asked Newt. His voice quiet and distant. "How is this possible? We watched you die."

"No, you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now." said Gally. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho." said Jamie. She tried to stand up, but her leg still ached with pain. "WICKED has him here. We're looking for a way in."

Gally frowned as Jamie tried to balance herself. "I can help with that." he said "Also, what the hell happened to your leg?"

Gally walked over to Jamie.

'Whoa.' she thought. 

Gally had seemed to grow a whole foot while they were away. Because now, Gally towered over her like one of the WICKED buildings inside the walls.

"Well, one of your goons kicked me in the shin." she said. She looked in the direction of the guys that Newt had beat up.

Gally turned his head in their direction and flared his eyes at them. "You two!" he shouted. "Get your asses over here!"

The two men jumped. Even with their masks one, Jamie could tell that, unlike Newt, they were intimidated by him. The two came up to them and stood in silence. The slowly lifted their heads and took of their masks. Jamie was surprised. They two guys are just...kids. They looked a little younger than Jamie. One had red curly hair and the other had long brown hair.

"What did I tell you two about messing with our catches?" asked Gally.

The boys sighed. "That were not trained enough to muddle with the pick." the boys said in unison.

"That's right. Now, what do you say to our friend?"

The boys looked down at the ground, both humiliated. "Sorry."

"Ok, now get out of my sight!" said Gally. The boys ran off in the opposite direction.

Gally looked down at Jamie and smiled. Jamie nervously smiled back.

'I missed him.' thought Jamie. 'He was such a great friend.'

"Alright." said Gally, returning to the task at hand. "Follow me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." said Thomas defiantly.

Gally sighed. "Suit yourself. But I can get you through those walls."