Chapter 17

Hey guys. I'm back.

Sry I've really caught up with everything that's happening now.

Everyone is suffering here

This chapter's main purpose is to raise awareness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie opened her eyes slowly to see the light coming through the holes in the tent. She looked up and saw that she was resting her head on Newt's bare chest. Flashes of what happened last night flew through her head.

'So long to my V card.' she thought

Jamie suddenly felt sick to her stomach. She shot out of bed and ran to the bathroom. She quickly pulled her hair away from her face and sat in front of the toilet. Several seconds passed and nothing happened. Jamie could hear the sizzling of eggs and bacon in the distance. The aroma filled the bathroom. Once she smelled the cheddar cheese Frypan was mixing in, her stomach rejected it right away. She lifted her head over the toilet and began to let out everything from the night before. All of the delicious food Frypan had prepared last night, down the drain. Jamie continued to throw up as Newt walking into the bathroom.

"Hey love, what's going..." Newt stopped as he saw her puke over the toilet. He immediately ran over to her and held back her hair. He rubbed her back in circles as she let out her entire stomach.

"It's alright love, I'm here." he said softly.

When Jamie finished emptying her stomach, she inhaled deeply and wiped her mouth on her arm. Newt pulled her close. They both looked at each other. A smile creeping across Newt's face.

"I think we both know what this means." he said

Jamie nodded and closed her eyes.

"Your gonna be a mother." he whispered as he kissed her head.

*****

After a nice long nap, Jamie had finally regained most of her strength. She walked over to the kitchen and met Newt there.

"Hey love. Feeling any better?" asked Newt

Jamie nodded. "Yeah, I guess. Still a bit nauseous though."

Frypan handed her a bowl of chicken soup. "Here, this should help."

"Thanks Fry." said Jamie, taking a hesitant sip.

Jamie looked over at Newt, worried. "Wait, does Frypan..."

"Yeah, I told him." said Newt

"And I'm very happy for you. Congratulations!" said Frypan

"Thank you." said Jamie quietly.

"So, when are you gonna announce it to the others?" asked Frypan. "I'm sure the guys would love to hear that we'll have a baby glader here soon."

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it." said Jamie, who was half way finished with her soup. After all that puking, she worked up quite the appetite.

"Well, I have." said Newt turning toward Jamie. "Let's make it a surprise. It'll be fun."

Jamie smiled at his enthusiasm. She could tell he was excited. After all, he did say he wanted kids.

"Your trying so hard to hold it in, aren't you?" asked Jamie.

Newt grinned from ear to ear. "I'm gonna be a bloody father. Of course I'm excited!"

Jamie giggled.

"What's this about a father?" asked Evie walking up to them.

"Oh uh it's nothing." said Jamie.